REFLECTION

The sky turned dark and the crescent moon appeared, claiming the sky as its home. Households began to light up their homes, and soon, a constellation of yellow light lit the city of the white Upper Being. 

Sweet melodies of the handmade guitar filled the ship as Nijahoeba played his guitar while looking at the ceiling. He lay on his small bunk, his dark eyes lost in a world of conflict and disappointment. 

"Lad," Odo's voice said from next to the door.

Nijahoeba stopped playing the guitar and looked at the old man.

"There is tuna and seaweed soup just incase you are hungry." Odo said.

"I hear you," Nijahoeba slowly said. Silence then reigned.

"Forgive me about the money Odo." Nijahoeba once again said. "I should have..."

"Lad!" Odo interrupted. "It was not your fault. We played our part, helped a young woman. That is all that matters." He then paused.

"If only we had honest Upper Beings!" before walking away.

BURDETT RESIDENT

Arina played with her own food while her father and mother spoke. Unlike her, they both had dark brown hair and her mother wore hers in an elegant swiss roll bun. The crystal chandelier shone brightly from above their dinner table, and photographs of young Arina along with her parents covered the white walls. 

"You have been gifted by the Upper Beings. That is the reason you wear those bracelets, to show your devotion to serve them."

Nijahoeba's words whispered in her head.

Memories of the large and dark shadow under Nijahoeba as he lay in the dark sea returned.

She was positive he was dead when he suddenly appeared from the water and held onto the ship.

"SAILOR!" she had yelled as she reached out her hand to him. He had not moved. His face had never faced her.

It was as if a demon was acting with his body. The largest she had ever faced in her life.

"Arina!" her father's voice interrupted her thoughts.

She looked at him, dropping the silver spoon.

"The church expects to see you tomorrow. I hope you that are ready."

"Yes father, I am ready." She concluded.