WE MEET AGAIN

Arina's footsteps echoed as she walked inside the empty bar. Her eyes scanned the room for any sign of Captain Sulton. 

" Arina Burdett." The deep voice from one of the tables said.

" What do you want from me?!" she asked the man with long black hair and a beard.

" What do I want from you? You messed with me the moment you corrupted Nijahoeba's heart."

" You killed my grandfather!" she yelled.

" For a believer, you sure can hold grudges." He laughed. " Tell me something, where is Nijahoeba?"

" Why would I tell you that?"

" ...because we need to end things. The New God cannot arise." He answered.

" You're too late!" she said bitterly. " He's already took the responsibility to be one."

" I have to stop him! You have to help me!"

" Why would I help a creature like you? You're a bloody murder! I know that you wanted to kill me before I escaped." She asked.

Captain Sulton held up a book for Arina to see. She moved closer towards him and stared at the illustrations.

" The New God is here for the non believers, not people like me and you who once served another Upper Being." He explained.

" Impossible!" she argued.

" Is it? Face it Arina, we will be devoured by the beast."

" NO!" she argued. " I know my husband, he will never do that."

" Husband? You married the beast?"

There was silence as she looked away.

" What have you done?!" he asked in shock.

" He loves me." She slowly spoke before banging the table. " You are the one who deserves to die!"

" Watch your tongue young lady!"

" Why should I?!"

" ...because I am your father!"

Arina's eyes opened wider in shock.

" Liar! I know my father!!!"

" I gave you up to the Burdetts when you were young, after your mother died."

" No!!! You're lying!" she cried. " No! You can't be my father! You tried to killed me, twice! Why?!"

" I had to stay away...Arina, I couldn't raise ye. I didn't have anything. Mr. Burdett and his wife were your best shot at survival. Forgive me."

  He then showed her his old pendant which had photographs of a blonde woman which resembled Arina and a young girl.

" Get away from me!" she yelled as she moved backwards. " You killed Reece Burdett!"

" He used you! I had to end him. Look at yourself, he put you up into this crazy mission of serving the New God. I have to put an end to this!" he yelled in anger.

" But you wanted to kill me, back at your ship!"

" What choice did you leave me with? Ye we're corrupting Nijahoeba!" He explained.

Tears ran down Arina's cheeks. Memories of the night she lost Reece returned.

"Reece," one of the men had called, smoke leaving his lips.

"The church has sent us to come and get young Arina."

Reece, her grandfather had reluctantly nodded, handing Arina over to the men.

"Take care of her." He had said.

The man had then pulled out a pistol and pointed it at Reece's forehead.

"I will," before blowing his brains.

"GRANDPA!" Arina had screamed as two of the men held her.

The man who had shot Reece had then turned to face Arina, his bottle green eyes never leaving her.

"So, you are the little believer? You heal people, don't you? Bring them back to life?"

"I will kill you!" she had screamed in tears.

"NOT today though," he had said before blowing her brains with the pistol.

" Tell me something then, how are you planning to put an end to everything?" she slowly asked, tears running down her cheeks.

" I have to find Nijahoeba. He has to be exorcised of the beast within him." Concluded Captain Sulton.