CONSULTATION

The fire burned bright as Nijahoeba sat before it, along with the other men from the village.

The atmosphere was tense and he received sharp glances now and again.

Suddenly, a loud and long cry was heard. Everyone went cold immediately.

" What was that?" asked one of the men.

" The beast, within the forest." Nijahoeba answered, his eyes on the tall trees away.

" Why is he crying now? He has never done it before."

" Shepstone, you should have an idea. You know more about these beasts than I do." Nijahoeba said, diverging the attention from himself.

" Something is wrong with Nué!" Enah yelled as she appeared from the dark. 

" He is furious," Nijahoeba answered. " We have to leave at once or he will come for us."

" How do you know all this?!" asked Enah. " Hhm?!"

" I..."

" He is the New God." Shepstone answered.

" New God?! Impossible! You're just a man!!" Enah argued, amusement in her voice. "The New God is a myth, created by men to give them hope. Anyone who mentions that name stands against the Upper Beings."

" We have to leave!!" yelled Nijahoeba who was on his feet. "Shepstone..."

"You are wrong, the New God is real. He is amongst us and blessed are we, to be in his presence." Shepstone spoke. "You are men and he is liberation." he then pointed at Nijahoeba. "He will liberate us all," 

The loud cry was heard once again. This time it was louder and clearer. 

" You have to take his power. That is the only way you will reach your final form!" Shepstone told Nijahoeba. " You have to devour Nué!"

A shocked expression filled Nijahoeba's face. His hands trembled as he froze.
" How?!" he finally asked.

" Change. Change Nijahoeba." Shepstone answered as the ground began to shake.

" He's coming!!" cried one of the men.

" Save us New God!" another cried as he knelt before Nijahoeba.

" He who claims to be the New God faces a terrible fate." Enah hissed, looking down on the man who had knelt before Nijahoeba. " And so do his believers."

" We have to move! Take your torches and run!" Nijahoeba yelled as he pulled the men  on their feet. "Please my brother, do not pray to me, I am just a mere man. "

They seemed to follow his command, taking their fire torches and running from the forest. Enah also did as Nijahoeba had said, leading her men.

" Nijahoeba!" Shepstone snapped, pulling him violently. " You cannot escape your destiny! Coward!!"

" I am not a coward!" yelled Nijahoeba as he punched him across the face. Blood left Shepstone's lips as he hissed.

" Aweosis should not have spared you and that pathetic woman of yours!"

" Her name is Arina!" Nijahoeba answered as he punched him again.

" You're not a god, you're just a thief!"

" Aaaaaah!!" cried Nijahoeba as veins appeared on his face.

The ground shook violently as the beast made of bark appeared from distances away. It raced for Nijahoeba and Shepstone.

" He's coming," Shepstone slowly said. " If you won't change...die!!!!" before pushing Nijahoeba with a gust of wind.

Nijahoeba flew in the sky, heading for the angry beast with yellow and irregular pupils. Wind blew his hair as Arina's face appeared in his head.

"I'm scared Nijahoeba." She confessed. "I am scared of what will unfold." She then looked up at him. "Promise me that regardless of what happens, you will come back to me."

"Arina,"

"Promise me," she said once more.

"I promise,"

"I PROMISE!!!!!" he yelled crazily as his body turned into the beast with a low skeletal jaw and hollow black eyes.

A loud roar escaped his mouth as he raced for Nué. They met in the middle and a strong gust of wind blew anything nearby away.

The loud roar made Enah to turn her head back. She couldn't believe what she was seeing! There was another Upper Being. A foreign one that she had never heard of.

" The New God?" she whispered in confusion.