affection (part 1)

Credits: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/view/harrysfinelinevol1/684161618927599616?source=share

"Has anyone seen my nail varnish?" you called out as you barged into the rather large dressing room, quickly completing tasks as you went along. You were met with a couple of shrugs and people shaking their heads and you sighed in frustration.

"I can't find it anywhere and I need to go over Harry's nails before he goes on stage," you said to no one in particular because everyone was busy fretting over their individual jobs.

"Hey Y/N! I've got your tea over here," you heard one of the crew call. You liked to have a tea with you when you watched Harry perform, it calmed you down and allowed you to enjoy his music. Speaking of Harry, you hadn't actually seen the man in over an hour and he was due on stage in about 25 minutes.

"Thanks Ben, just pop it on that table over there," you called back while putting your headphones in. Music helped you remain calm and focused in the last hour before Harry's show, which was always stressful. There were so many moving parts, so many different people demanding different things from you. You always felt like you were being pulled in 20 different directions when you were just trying to ensure that Harry was ok and had everything he needed.

Suddenly you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist and pull you into a hard chest. You squealed and wriggled out of the hard grip this person had on you. You turned around and were met with Harry's cheeky grin. That fucker.

"Harry, for fucks sake, why do you always do that," you lamented while simultaneously pulling him over to a chair in the corner.

"You know you love it, darling," he responded looking up at you from where he sat, still wearing that cheeky grin. It's moments like this when your heart skips a beat. You knew there was a part of you that held feelings for Harry, so when he calls you pet names, or hugs you randomly throughout the day, or sometimes slipping his arms around your shoulders to pull you into his chest, your heart lurched and a part of you wished that he would press a kiss to your lips and tell you that you were his. But Harry was also your best friend and had been for 5 years now and you weren't about to ruin what you had over a silly crush.

"You scare the shit outta me every time you do it. Anyway, I'm trying to find your nail varnish, have you seen it anywhere?" you said while looking around the room to see if you could spot it, your eyes betraying how stressed you felt at this moment. Harry reached up and gently placed his hand on your cheek, moving your head so you were looking at him again.

"Hey, hey calm down love. I have it here," he said as he pulled the nail varnish out of his pocket. Your skin tingled from where his hand was. You took the varnish and pulled up a chair opposite him to go over his nails.

Harry smiled to himself as he felt your soft small hands take his bigger one and begin carefully applying the nail paint. He noticed you tapping your foot along to whatever music you were listening to in your ear. His heart twinged a bit as he appreciated how beautiful you looked at this moment. Although he could tell you were stressed, this moment made him appreciate everything you did for him. He also appreciated the way your hair fell in front of your face and your tongue was sticking out slightly as you concentrated on painting his nails. You really were very pretty to him. He had told you this in the past but you always laughed it off and he knew that you just thought he was being nice.

"What ya listening to," he asked as you moved on to his other hand

"London Mine by Joy Crookes," you replied not looking up from what you were doing

"I recommended that!" he said and you looked up to see a proud smile on his face. You giggled at this

"Yes you did," you smiled back