True Father:

(part three)
Enjoy!

Credits:https://4everinsane.tumblr.com/post/147408160503/harry-styles-your-son-calls-him-daddy-for-the

Your son looks up at his father, his eyes wide as he takes in the words he speaks to him. You had just dropped him off with his father. Your son wished you hadn’t left yet but it was just him and his father in the car now and he wanted out already. His father had asked how things were and he had called Harry ‘daddy’ and it set his real father off.

“That man has no right to be called that, do you understand me?” Your son nods, looking down at his clasped hands in his lap while his father drove.

“Mommy said I could.” He mutters.

“I don’t care what your mother said. I am your father so any form of the word is reserved for me. I am your father, dad, daddy, all of those. You cannot call someone else that. It makes me mad.” Your son looked out the window, hoping that just maybe you would sense that he was upset and you would come get him from this man.

The weekend passed incredibly slow for your son. He wanted it to be over as soon as he stepped foot in his fathers house. When it was time for you to pick him up finally, he all but jumped into your car as soon as you unlocked the door. You and your ex don’t say anything to each other, like usual, before you climb in the car as well and start heading home.

“How was your weekend buddy?” You ask him as you drive.

“It was fine.” He mutters and says nothing more the entire drive home. You hated that his father upset him so much like this. A boy shouldn’t be so displeased about being around his father and so eager to leave him. This is why you were so happy to have Harry as a male figure in his life.

“Honey, will you go tell daddy that dinner is ready?” You ask your son who had been helping you set the table.

“Sure.” He answers and nods, heading down the hall towards the studio where Harry had been messing around with some music. “Harry, mum said dinner is ready.” Harry lifts his head from where he’d been looking down and strumming on a guitar and frowns. It had been a few weeks since he’d been called Harry by your son.

“Coming, buddy.” Harry answers. Your son nods and turns to leave as Harry stands, setting down the guitar, and follows.

“What’s up with you?” You ask when you see Harry’s creased forehead. He shakes his head, glancing at your son. You shrug as well and all of you sit down to eat.

“Can I have more please, Harry?” Your eyes widen after your son calls Harry by this name. You watch Harry give a curt nod, still frowning, and loads seconds onto the little boys plate. You and Harry exchange looks. Harry gives a sad shrug before going back to focus on his food.

“Love, why are you calling him Harry again?” You decide to question a minute later when you see Harry continue to be upset about it. Your son gives you both small glances before looking back at his plate. “You know you can call him daddy if you want to.”

“Dad doesn’t like it.” He finally mutters.

“Did he say something to you?” You reach over, resting your hand on top of Harry’s as you saw him frown more at his plate of food, not wanting to look up and show your son that he was upset about this.

“He yelled at me.” You sigh and stand when you see your sons eyes well up in tears. You head over to him and pull him up from his chair and into your arms.

“Honey, don’t let your father upset you like this, okay? He just cares for you and is afraid of losing you to Harry. You call him whatever you want though, if you want him to be Harry again then that’s fine. If you want to sometimes call him daddy too, that’s fine too. It’s up to you. He and I will never get mad at you for that.” You assure him, making him nod. He wraps his arms around your neck and hugs you tightly before releasing you to hug Harry as well.

“No matter what you call me, you’re always gonna be my little man, yeah?” Harry says as he hugs your son tightly. Your son grips at Harry’s neck tightly, nodding into his shoulder.

“May I be finished now please?” Your son asks after he pulls away from Harry. You smile and nod before he leaves the room and heads up to his bedroom. Harry reaches out for you, pulling you to sit on his lap. He rests his head against your shoulder as you run your fingers through his hair.

“I’m sorry.” You tell him. He sighs and shrugs.

“I really liked him calling me daddy. It just felt… right. It felt like I really was part of the family. I know that I am but.. it made me feel like less of an outsider.” Harry explains, looking up at you. You hated seeing Harry’s green eyes full of such sadness just because your ex was an asshole who couldn’t stand the thought of someone being better than him.

“No matter what he calls you, you are the most important man in both of our lives.” And you meant that. You couldn’t have gotten through these last 4 years if it wasn’t for Harry. His hard work, his love, his support was what got you through day to day.

“And you two are the most important people in my life. You always will be.” You grin at him before pressing your lips to his.

“Besides,” You mumble, pulling away from him. “There will be someone around here soon that will only have you to call daddy anyway.” You grin, watching those words sink in. His green eyes get wide.

“Wait, what?” He questions. You laugh. He glances down at your stomach, his mouth dropping open as he looks back up at you.

“I’m pregnant.” You tell him. “I found out a few days ago. I was just waiting for the right time to tell you and this… this felt like the time.” You watch his face light up with a wide grin. His dimple appeared on his cheek and he wrapped his arms tight around you.

“Are you really?” You grin and nod. He presses his lips to yours in a heated kiss. “I thought being the step in daddy to Y/S/N was amazing but to know that I’m going to have a child of my own is just… it doesn’t feel real.” He pulls away to say, still in disbelief. “I’ve been a parent for 4 years now, I think I’m ready for this.” You laugh.

“Harry, you’ll do amazing. Just like Y/S/N and I are lucky to have you, so is this baby. I couldn’t ask for a better person to raise my children with.” And you meant that. Your ex would never amount to the parent that Harry was to your son and was going to be to your new child.

“I love you so much.” He tells you before pressing his lips to yours, his fingers tangling in your hair as he pulls you closer against him.