Chapter 201: Helen's Troubles

Tick Tock Tick Tock

The hands of a clock, long and short, clicked and turned, pointing at numbers from one through twelve all day long. Thr clock struck six and the bells rang throughout the whole city, greeting the new morning with chimes and chatters.

The birds tweeted and chirped flying freely above the rooftops, perching from place to place. The chimneys bellowed and the birds were startled, taking off to the skies once again, only to perch in another building. It was a peaceful morning.

"Mmn~ Hmmn~ Humm~ Mmnー!" [Helen]

And in such a wonderful morning, a cheerful humming could be heard, drifting in the air as a beautiful young girl with silky walnut hair and sparkling lime eyes greeted the morning with a smile. It was Helen who was in a very good mood, watching over the reception counter.

She has always been cheerful, but something about her today was different. She was much happier and smiling brightly much more often, even doing her hair and clothes more carefully and properly, clearly looking forward to something, daydreaming in broad daylight.

Cling Cling Cling

The chimes rang and the doors opened soon after. Two figures entered, a young lady with silver hair and a young man with the color of the night sky resting on his head. It was then that Helen snapped back to reality, quickly switching to work mode, wearing her professional smile.

"Welcome to the Rabbit'sー Ah! Grey! Yuna! Are you eating here again?" [Helen]

Of course, those two youths were none other than Grey and Yuna. Though people still look at them, it wasn't as intense as before. They could finally go out like they used to, only receiving a couple warm greetings from time to time.

It has been a few days since Grey and Yuna returned to Galderia, and ever since, their life has returned to their usual routine, spending most of their time together and doing whatever they usually do.

They have also been eating breakfast most of the time at the Rabbit's Den since then. While it is true that they missed their cooking, another reason was that they wake up really late from time to time. As for the reasons... Well, let's keep it to our imagination. Leave it to the readers, I say.

"Un! That's right! Good morning~!" [Yuna]

"Morning, Helen. We'll be having the usual." [Grey]

"Okay! Thenー Ah! Wait! That's right! Mom and Dad told me you should go meet them first before ordering." [Helen]

"They did?" [Grey]

Helen slowly nodding to Grey's question, Grey and Yuna could only tilt their heads in confusion as they thought of reasons Gerd and Selia would call upon them. Even then, nothing came to their minds.

"Did they tell you why?" [Grey]

"Fufufu! Of course! But I won't tell you! No, no, no! Otherwise, the surprise would be ruined!" [Helen]

Now, they were even more confused. If they were thinking what they did which could warrant their attention, now, they were thinking what the situation was for there to be a surprise. It was not how they thought their morning would go.

Still in the dark about what Helen was talking about, Grey and Yuna were led by the former towards the kitchen which was still rich in both smell and sight. Just the mere scent of the freshly cooked dishes was enough to make them hungry.

Of course, there was Gerd and Selia cooking some unfamiliar dishes, ones not found in the menu. Strangely enough, all of which were made from seafood. Fish, shrimps, and clams were all present.