Chapter 272: Nine Colors

"And... That makes it thirty." [Grey]

Grass here, grass there, grass everywhere. With the final cutting of a blade, the quest had finally been completed. A subtle smile appeared on the young man's face, tucking the herbs away with a wave of his hand.

The sound of footsteps soon echoed in the air after he disposed of all their items, the gentle winds blowing a whisper to his ears. The sweet chirping of the birds and the harmonious rustling of the leaves were music dancing in the breeze.

Several steps later, a number of familiar figures appeared in his line of sight, sitting under the shade of a tree. One was an elf smiling as soon as she saw him, the other was a young lady sleeping on her lap, several furballs laying down the soft grass.

"Looks like she's still sound asleep." [Grey]

"Fufu. We've taken a lot of quests, after all. It's only natural." [Yuna]

"I guess you're right, though... Yuna, you should ought to hide your sweets a little. I can see them poking out your right." [Grey]

There wasn't just one, there were many. Be it cupcakes, candies, or fruit juice, Yuna was practically snacking her time away as she let Iris rest on her lap. She was very skilled, she didn't even let a crumb fall on the sleeping princess' sweet sleeping face.

"Mou... I was just a little hungry..." [Yuna]

"A little... Haah... Yeah, sure, let's leave it at that." [Grey]

There was no use complaining nor thinking too much about it. Grey simply accepted Yuna's words as it is, sitting down beside her. His beloved is simply too much for him to comprehend. Not like he has the right to say so anyway.

It has been a couple days since they brought Iris on her first quest, and ever since, they have been taking quests left and right to sate the young princess' love for novel and exciting experiences, smiling ever so happily each and every time.

Though, be that as it may, the adventures were still too much for her body to handle. They have taken them a couple days straight, and now, the fatigue is really hitting her, unable to fight back the temptations of sleepiness and drowsiness.

"Tomorrow, let's take a break, yeah? I don't want Iris to overdo herself." [Grey]

"I was just thinking that. It's good that she's become more bold and active these past few days, but I think she's still pushing herself too hard. I'm worried she won't tell us if she's tired so as to not trouble us." [Yuna]

"Well, that's just how she is, being a princess and all. Always so hardworking. Too hardworking, actually." [Grey]

"Mou... I'm hardworking too, you know..." [Yuna]

And also, in these past days, Yuna's attacks have become heavier and more frequent. Especially now, seeing her pout and puff her cheeks because of simple and petty jealousy was too adorable.

In fact, if it weren't for the fact that Iris was with them most of the time, Grey, who is currently abstaining from his desires, would have already lost it. After all, what kind of beast would dare attack his beloved in front of a child? He isn't such at the very least.

"Yuna, you really the cutest when you're pouting," [Grey]

"Fweeh?!" [Yuna]

Thankfully, as strong as her offense is, Yuna has practically zero defense. Grey has been using it to his advantage, making Yuna stop on her tracks before he finally loses it and becomes a starved and insatiable beast.

Just a couple sweet words topped with a smile and Yuna was red all the way to the tip of her pointy ears. She was now meek and quiet as one can be, unable to think of a response to get back at Grey. She was simply too cute.