Chapter 291: Peace and Flowers

The sky was blue once again, not a single star to be seen apart from the sun, the white and gray clouds drifting along the winds as the blades of grass rustled with the leaves. It was yet another peaceful day.

Under the vast blue sky was a forest. In that forest, strangely enough, was a lone, yet luxurious carriage, a certain crest embedded on it. There were a number of figures to be seen, standing and loitering around as they chattered their time away.

"Gwanpa! Fwower!" [Natalia]

"Oh? You like these little ones? Should we make you a garden then?" [Ernes]

"Dear, please stop spoiling Natalia. It's not good for her upbringing." [Talia]

"Eh? It's just a garden, what's the beal deal? And... Haven't I also made you a garden back then? Why couldn't I do the same for our granddaughter?" [Ernes]

"Dear, now is not the time for that." [Talia]

Of course, those figures were none other than the Royal entourage of Alfrione, the King and Queen now once again arguingー or rather, the Queen is trying to scold her husband from doing something troublesome again. A daily occurrence.

As for why they were in the forest, it was because it was finally time to head home. It has been a couple days since the Festival of Hearts ended, and so came the day to bid their farewells, quickly heading back home to get back on their duties.

The other Royal Families used the teleportation gate, but with Grey helping them, there was no need to do so. The only downside was that they needed to head in the forest so that no one sees them, just like the way they came.

With his power already as high as it is and people knowing about "Gate", Grey really doesn't mind as much if people learn about it. The only problem was the fact that people, especially the aristocracy, might crowd around him because of it. He wanted to avoid such a troublesome situation.

"Are you ready to leave, everyone?" [Grey]

Asked Grey, and everyone's attention fell on him. They knew full well that they should leave, but there was a reluctance in their hearts to do so. They still wanted to enjoy their freedom even if it's only for another day.

"Haah... Can't we just extend our stay here?" [Ernes]

"We can't be having that now, Your Majesty. You do know what it's like if His Honor gets angry." [Grey]

"Ah, right... Anderson..." [Ernes]

However, it didn't take long before everyone was convinced. Just the image of the Prime Minister boiling in rage with a dark and silent smile on his face was more than enough to send chills down their spines. It was really terrifying.

Grey and Yuna have yet to witness the sight of the Prime Minister who's reached the limits of his patience, but the King had. And as it seems, he felt traumatized by such a terrifying sight. He vowed to not make Anderson "too" angry. He was like a demon.

"Fufufu! Looks like this is where our little journey ends. We hope you had a lot of fun in our adventure, Iris." [Yuna]

"Yes, it was a wonderful experience, Elder Sister Yuna. I had a delightful time staying with you over the course of this month. I am eternally grateful" [Iris]

"Fufufu! Acting all prim and proper now, are we? You're so cute, Iris~!" [Yuna]

"Mou... At least play along, Elder Sister Yuna..." [Iris]

As for Iris, she is now polishing up her formal act again. It has been about a month since she's loosened herself up, but now that they're going back, it was time to get back on track. She was the ever so reliable Princess Royal, after all.