Chapter 249: Sweet, Sleeping Faces

The sky was the color of sweet honey, beautiful hues of amber and orange as the sun set over the far off horizon. The sea was painted with similar colors, waters of gold and rubies as the waves washed towards the sandy shores.

It was a peaceful scenery, the birds now perching as they retired for the day. The sound of shifting sands, popping bubbles, and whispering winds dancing in the air, free like the fish in the sea. A subtle and tranquil melody wafted through the beach.

A beautiful symphony which lulled the children to sleep as they basked under the fading sunlight. Each and every were knocked out and exhausted, snoring ever so peacefully as they enjoyed the warmth and security of their parents' arms.

"Fufufu! Look how adorable our granddaughter is~!" [Talia]

"Haha. Of course she is, who do you think she takes after?" [Ernes]

"Oh my, I wonder too~." [Talia]

The King and Queen chuckled and giggled softly as they observed the Little Princess' sweet sleeping faces. She was already the sweetest angel there is, and now that she was sleeping, she was even more adorable, melting one's heart at a single glance.

And it wasn't only the Little Princess. Most of the children were sleeping soundly, tired from all the games they played yesterday and today. The ones energetic balls of energy were now sleeping little angels, some even mumbling one their sleep.

"Liz, are you sure you don't want to sleep?" [Elise]

"Un... I'm not reallyー fuwahh~... Not sleepy at all..." [Eliza]

Of course, there were also ones who are doing their best to fight against exhaustion, trying to keep their eyes open even when they were already drowsy, their heads bobbing up and down, time and time again.

"Liz, it's okay to sleep on my shoulder, you know?" [Elise]

"No... I want to talk more with Elder Sister..." [Eliza]

"... I see... Nothing we can do about that then..." [Elise]

Though, if the young lady were to put it like that, there was nothing she could say about it anymore. After all, she too wants to spend as much time as possible with her and their father. It was a rare opportunity, after all.

"Mmn... Elise, no... Don't eat that... That's my lunch..." [Elaine]

"Hehehe... Fritz smiled at me... Hehehe..." [Eleanora]

Though it would have been better if her cousin and her mother weren't also sleeping on her other shoulder and lap immediately. She doesn't even know what kinds of things they were dreaming about. She could only imagine.

As for everyone else, Grey and Yuna are already starting to take them home one after another, opening gates again and again as they made sure everyone got home safely, making sure everything was accounted for.

The waves turned once more and another gate opened along the coast again. Two figures came out of the gate, turning their heads for a little bit, only stopping as soon as they found the Landevars, nodding subtly as soon as they did.

"Liz... It seems like it's time for us to go as well." [Fritz]

"Mmn...? Already...?" [Eliza]

"Unfortunately, yes... But don't worry too much. We'll see them again during the Founding Festival. Let's cheer up, alright?" [Fritz]

"Uuu... Okay..." [Eliza]

There was reluctance in her eyes, but there was only so much she could do about it. Fortunately, they now had phones with them and could call each other any time they wanted. It wasn't as lonely as before.