Chapter 289: The Festival of Hearts (pt. IV)

"Aaaannddd the winner is...! Lady Yunaaa!!"

A loud voice echoed throughout the streets and boisterous cheers followed suit soon after. Her name ringing in the air, the young lady couldn't help but break a smile on her face, waving her hand slowly as she ascended up the stage.

The moment she was up there, she then received a medal and a few prizes including some coupons and cash money. But the one she was so excited for was the various herbs and magic plants offered as the grand prize.

'Haah... Really, this girl...' [Grey]

It was now the second day of the Festival of Hearts, and as they decided yesterday, Grey and Yuna are now alone by themselves, enjoying their long-awaited date as they go around the city, trying all sorts of things which caught their eye.

And now, Yuna entered an intermediate alchemist competition where anyone under the age of twenty-five could enter. Unfortunately for everyone, they didn't expect a Tier-8, Grandmaster Alchemist to take part in the competition.

The item to be concocted was a tough one, for normal alchemists that is. But for Yuna, it was but a breeze, even humming as she made the item in just a couple minutes. She won the competition by complete landslide, no difficulties at all.

"Mmn~! So sweet~!" [Yuna]

Not an ounce of remorse in her face, Yuna was now enjoying some sweet treats to celebrate her victory. She happily bought all sorts of cookies and candies off the stalls and munched down on them one after another.

"Yuna... You sure are super cheerful, aren't you?" [Grey]

"Fufufu! It's a festival, after all! We should just enjoy ourselves, plus... It's been some time since we've had a date... Can you blame me for being excited?" [Yuna]

"Well, I guess that's true..." [Grey]

Of course, there was also the constant flirting of the idiot couple as they went around the festive and lively streets, holding one another's hand as they walked side by side, faces tinted a light rosy color. A sight for sore eyes for the others.

They went around the festival more and explored the districts they hadn't gone to the day before. And as to be expected, they enjoyed a lot more shows and contests, having fun in the best way they could and enjoying the moment while it lasted.

Before they even knew it, the hours already passed and the bells rang throughout the whole city a couple more times. Afternoon was already upon them, still exploring the festival after they had a delightful lunch.

"Hohoho! I could say the same to you. I didn't think I'd see you here." [Beklaim]

"Of course. This is a rare opportunity, after all. Is there any place more profitable than Erdea as of the current? And... I'm also here to have some fun."

"You're totally correct, my friend! Hohoho!" [Beklaim]

And as they went around the place, they heard a familiar voice echoing along the bustling crowd. It was the ever so cheerful Beklaim who was exchanging words with a fellow merchant, laughing boisterously from time to time.

It wasn't just him. Just like any other place they have been to, there were quite a lot of people gathering around the stage, eyes sparkling with excitement as they awaited the start of yet another event. A sight which only aroused the curiosity of the two.

"Then, see you around, Beklaim. I'll be continuing my stroll now."

"Hohoho! I hope you have a good time!" [Beklaim]

Before long, Beklaim's acquaintance finally parted away from him. And just as he turned around, he saw the two familiar youths behind him, waving their hands with smiles on their faces. Faces of delight, they were.