Chapter 237: The Vanishing Star

A sea of blue as far as the eyes could see, islands of brown and green to be seen left and right. The waves grew and shrank, filling the air with splashes and painting the sea with bits white as sea foams formed and popped.

Yet even with such a beautiful sight, it was not perfect nor peaceful. Pillars of smoke and clouds of dust rose up to the sky, broken planks and debris drifted on the waves, the waters dyed a muddy color, and ruined homes along the beaches. It was a scene full of devastation.

Not just one or two, but four platinum dragons could be seen at the sight, surrounding a single blue-scaled beast whose left flank was painted a dark red by its own blood. And contrary to such massive creatures, two tiny figures could be seen walking ever so proudly.

GRRRRRRRRRR

Those two figures were none other than Grey and Yuna, their footsteps resounding mildly along with the sound of shifting sands and washing waves. A low growl rang in the air as the Evil Beast glared at them with rage boiling in its eyes.

《Appraisal》 [Grey]

A single word echoed in his mind, and a blue, semi-transparent screen appeared before him. Letters, numbers, and symbols were displayed in an orderly manner, his eyes swimming through them at lightning speed.

-----------------------------------

【Demonic Beast】

【Species】Leviathan
【Status】Mildly Injured, Enraged
【Sex】Male
【Age】533

【Mana Capacity】29,230     【Mana Quality】A
【Combat Power】9,634       【Threat Level】S
【Attribute】Water
【Intelligence】93

【Description】
A beast which dwells in the deepest depths of the ocean. It is equipped with a body which can withstand extreme amounts of pressure and jaws which could devour ships whole. A single blast of water from it can blow away whole towns and cities. It is often called "Ruler of the Seas".

-----------------------------------

Reading the screen before him, Grey felt relief in his heart as he heaved a short sigh. Though the Leviathan was at the upper end of S-rank, it was still an S-rank. Victory was now certain, more than ever.

"Master, Mistress, You've arrived." [Sirius]

"Un. Good work, everyone." [Yuna]

The familiars greeted them with respect and bright faces as they slid down the sandy slopes, but the same couldn't be said for the Leviathan. The longer it stared at Grey and Yuna, the nastier its glare became.

Even then, even with how enraged it was, it didn't attack. It may be enraged, but the Leviathan was not a fool. Just a single attack from Grey and it could tell that it was no match for the latter. The aching wound it has was the proof of it, blood still trickling down his scales.

SLOSH SLOSH SPLAASSSHHHH

Slowly and surely, the Leviathan moved away, a massive splash resounding in the air as waves formed. In just a single instant, its body had submerged back into the water, only its spikes and fins to be seen.

"Hmm... For a demonic beast, it's quite the smart one. To think it would flee even without a moment's hesitation..." [Grey]

"Grey, is it really time to be saying that? It's getting away, you know?" [Yuna]

"Don't worry too much. After all... We did promise to end things today... It can run, but it will never escape!" [Grey]

A fierce glow glimmered in Grey's eyes and strong bursts of winds howled all over the place. Each and every particle in the air danced faster and faster, collapsing one after another and filling the air with millions of silent shockwaves.