Chapter 325: A Clash of Majesty

Cheers, claps, and whistles. Such commotions brewed in the air, people jumping up and down as they yelled with pride and excitement. The clashing of swords continued and so did the echoing of shockwaves, wild winds lashing ever so violently.

The sun continued to sink down the horizon and the sky of blue was slowly tinted with hints of gold and red, clouds drifting ever so slowly, turning and tossing time and time again like the waves in the vast and peaceful ocean.

"Ohh! Lord Jinkins wins the match with his sword held high! He advances towards the next round! To the semifinals!" [Konan]

"Hohoho! That's the Intermediate Division, for you! With that, the four semifinalists have been decided! A round of applause to our rising stars!" [Terry]

Konan and Terry shouted to the top of their lungs, slamming their hands on the table from excitement and the crowd cheered with them. A wave of applause echoed in the Grand Colosseum, people in ovation as the victor waved his hand.

With Jinkin's victory, the quarterfinals of the Intermediate Division have finally closed its curtains, the contestants heading out as the repair team took their place. A time of peace enveloped the arena, the audience happily chatting about how wonderful the matches were so far.

"That's the end of their quarterfinals... Yuna, it's your turn next, isn't it? Have you warmed yourself up already?" [Grey]

"Un! I'm ready to go! I'll make sure to win without a scratch!" [Yuna]

"That's some big words you got there, and no, I won't be making you any sweets no matter whether you win or lose the duel." [Grey]

"Ehh~? But I haven't said anything yet~..." [Yuna]

... Was how she put it, but with how things are flowing, Grey already knew how things would go, Yuna wanting for some sort of reward the moment she wins. It was better to put a stop to it before the young lady gets any funny ideas.

Well, her next match wouldn't be like any other. Yuna's opponent would be another Hgh-Ranker, and not just any High-Ranker, but one who holds the highest authority in Graystone. It was none other than the Kingdom's very own King, Archen!

He had always wanted to have a duel against the two, but never got any reasonable excuse to do so. However, now was completely different. He could finally go all out and duel to his heart's content. One he would never forget.

The same also goes for Yuna. Her main weapon may be a dagger, but her skills in swordsmanship weren't any less than the King's. It would be a good time to test how far she can go and how far she can push her opponent. It was exhilarating.

"Fufufu! I've never fought against a King before! This is exciting!" [Yuna]

"Yuna, we've fought against the Azure Sword Emperor before, you know?" [Grey]

"Un, that's true... But! He's an Emperor, not a King so it doesn't count! They're totally different, silly." [Yuna]

Her logic was... unique. Though she wasn't entirely wrong, it was so silly, Grey didn't know whether he should laugh or cry at his fiancée's remarks. All he knew was that she was excited, ears flapping up and down as her face beamed a smile.

All that mattered was that she was happy, and Grey was satisfied. He also has his own match to worry about, and like Yuna's opponent, he would be clashing against one of the highest ranking personnel in the country, the General. A duel to behold.

"Then, without further ado...! Let's welcome our first pair of quarterfinalists!" [Terry]

The stage was repaired and the commentator's voice rang out flamboyantly in the Grand Colosseum, another cacophony of cheers and chaos resounding towards the sky. It was finally time for the two to make their entrance.