Chapter 340: God, Once Again

Clouds of dust wafted all throughout the dimly lit room. The once glorious hall now turned into a desert of sand and dust, the winds whistling ever so softly as the murky veil slowly started to settle down, dunes created all over the place.

A single figure stood in such barrenness, its knees down to the ground and its limbs torn off from its body and its feathers now shredded into dust, shimmering in the sea of sand and dust. Scarlet light pulsated like a weak, pumping heart.

Gentle light of blue and white shone in the barren wasteland, a gate opening in all but a fraction of a second, a young man appearing soon after. There was only silence in the room as he turned his head left and right.

"So you survived, huh..." [Grey]

Said Grey as he walked up towards the Bloodwing Chromius, not a single trace of anxiety in his eyes. The enemy might have survived, but it was barely hanging on for its dear life, unable to move a muscle.

It had neither the mana to heal itself nor continue attacking, only able to look at Grey with hostility as it slowly recovered its mana. Even if it were to use everything it has left, it wouldn't even be able to leave a scratch on the young man before it.

"What a pitiful state... Still, to think you survived that attack... You really are worthy of being called a Boss... That as a good match." [Grey]

Grey almost lost his life countless times, but he was happy to have fought such a powerful enemy. Not only did he grow stronger, he also gained some valuable experience not everyone could brag about in the world.

It was a first that he was thankful for a monster, a smile blooming on his face as he readied his fist. The winds coiled in his hands for one final moment, a storm of mana raging on and blowing away the dunes of sand and dust all over the place.

"This is farewell...《Pinpoint Tempest: Deathpierce》." [Grey]

Grey's hands shot out like a cannon, a deadly lance lunging towards the Bloodwing Chromius and piercing its chest. The sound of breaking glass played out as its core was filled with cracks, soon shattering into smithereens.

The sand and dust were scattered and blown away, brilliant light soon illuminating the gloomy wasteland. Orbs of light shattered into fragments, riding the gentle winds and fading away into oblivion, only leaving behind a couple items.

There was the usual mana crystal, "Heaven's Grace" which removes diseases and heals wounds over a large area, and the "Wings of the Executioner" which the Boss once wore. It was an item which not only grants flight but a good defense and offense as well. All were invaluable.

"Should I give these to Yuna?" [Grey]

"Hm? Give me what?" [Yuna]

Just as Grey picked up the drops, two figures teleported behind his back. One was his reliable partner throughout the month, Polaris, and the other was none other than his beloved, the ever so cheerful Yuna.

They were literally just under a terrifying situation a couple minutes ago, but Yuna's expressions couldn't be any different. She was smiling so brilliantly, looking at the items with excited eyes, curious and expectant as can be.

"I was thinking of giving these wings to you, but..." [Grey]

"But...? I think they already look plenty amazing to me though. Is there any problem with them?" [Yuna]

"No, rather than a problem... They look too conspicuous, don't they?" [Grey]

Five pairs of massive scarlet wings, riddled with gold and platinum. Its feathers were smooth and silky, but can also turn sharp and sturdy once mana is infused with them. No matter where one looked at it, it was too eye-catching.