Chapter 311: A Break from Fighting (pt. II)

♪ ♪ ♪ ♪ ♪

The notes drifted afloat the air, a harmonious symphony wafting throughout the light and central stage. Silver glimmers scattered around the place as the lights reflected off the iron blades, flowing smoothly like the ocean waves.

Beautiful ladies danced around gracefully, their steps light and springy as they bent their bodies to the music, wielding the aforementioned blades. All eyes were on them as they circled, hopped, waved, and made all sorts of movements and formations.

Pair such a wonderful show with a lovely meal and you got heaven. Three figures enjoyed everything about the place, a certain silver-haired elf smiling from ear to ear whilst she sliced the steak and fed it to herself with such delight.

"Mmn~! So good~! Can we eat this for dinner too?" [Yuna]

"Me too... But they're limited time only... I doubt they will last long." [Lisandra]

"Ah! In that case, shall we order more?" [Yuna]

"We can only get one order per person, you know?... Yuna, were you even listening to the explanation before?" [Grey]

The three are having their lovely lunch in the "White Nightingale", a famous luxury restaurant who serve all sorts of high-class and expensive ingredients. One which has a good reputation between nobles, the gentry, and wealthy merchants.

Today, as they heard from the passing men by the streets, they are serving a limited time dish, "Silverback Buffalo's Steak", an exquisite dish not many had the chance to get a taste of. One said to taste so delicious, it feels like angels cooked for you.

They were only serving a hundred pieces for the day and only about a dozen were left when the trio arrived at the restaurant. They don't even know whether they could consider themselves lucky. All they knew was that the steak was delicious.

"Grey, where can we find a silverback buffalo again?" [Yuna]

"To the east of the kingdom, and no, we won't be hunting them. They're really hard to find and also quite stubborn. It would be really troublesome." [Grey]

"Eh? Even just oneー no, two! Let's catch two, please~!" [Yuna]

"Eh?! You're going to hunt one?! Can I buy some?" [Lisandra]

Grey hasn't even made a decision, yet the young ladies already acted as if he already agreed, Lisandra even offering to buy some meat from them when they get back from their hunt. Grey didn't know whether he should cry or laugh. They were impossible.

"Haah... Alright, but only after we finish the Labyrinth of Stars. It might take a while but that's the only way I'll compromise." [Grey]

"Yes! That's more than enough! I can finally eat all the meat I want!" [Lisandra]

"Then, in exchange, I want to eat steak for dinner too." [Yuna]

"Haah... Yuna... Really, you..." [Grey]

Grey finally gave up thinking. With his fiancée the way she is, there really is nothing much he could do about it. It would just turn into another dish request if he refused her at that moment. Well, he loves that gluttonous and needy part of her as well.

The dancers continued to dance and as they brandished their swords gracefully, the music started to slow down until it was no more. The performers then lined up one after another, before bowing towards the audience, a resounding round of applause echoing all over the restaurant.