Chapter 335: Ruler of Light

CRAASSSHHHHH THUD THUD THUD

A series of heavy tremors shook the ground and a massive figure lay motionless. Light soon swallowed up the place, the massive figure breaking into pieces and soon turning into small fragments of light, carried by the wind.

All that!/ left behind were a couple of drops including a large battleaxe, some braces, and a mana crystal. As one would expect from a Calamity-Class monster, they could sum up to a hefty couple dozen billion kiels.

"Alright. Looks like that's the last one for now." [Grey]

It has been more than an hour since Grey and Polaris parted ways from the rest of the group, and they have defeated more than a dozen monsters since then, collecting all the precious drops and earning some ever so valuable experience.

The 10th floor was even more expansive than Grey had previously thought, spanning about at least thrice the size of Alfrione's Royal Capital with massive structures to be found here and there, castles popping up everywhere.

It was easy to traverse, but at the same time, quite annoying to explore because of all the unnatural shapes and hidden tunnels located here and there. Even with his eyes, it took Grey more than an hour to find their destination. It was quite the task.

"But wow... It sure is grand as usual..." [Grey]

"Indeed it is... So this is what you call a Boss Room..." [Polaris]

Standing in front of them was a massive door of white and gold, looking grand and lavish, exuding an aura of dignity and majesty even just by looking at it. If anyone were to say it was the doorway to heaven, many people would believe them.

Not only were they massive, they were fully decorated as well, intricate carvings and statues standing proud by its sides. There were also murals painted over the door along some strange symbols. It was like a mausoleum of a rich King.

The Labyrinth of Flames' doors were also overwhelming, but in a completely different sense. The one in front of them, though beautiful, also screamed of danger, hidden behind it a monster of incomparable caliber.

"Master, should we rest a little bit before heading in?" [Polaris]

"No need. We're here to test put limits so doing that would be pointless. It would be another thing if they're injuries though." [Grey]

"Understood, Master." [Polaris]

Training... Though simple as it sounds, it is actually very complex. Not only should it be tailored towards the one training, but one should also consider how much the mind and body can handle, progressing harder and harder with every step.

Still, even with that in mind, one would soon reach an insurmountable wall. A massive wall which could only be surpassed by bone-grinding efforts and challenging oneself past your limits. To break the body, recover, and repeat.

And what better challenge was there than challenging a Disaster-Class Boss monster with one's life on the line?

The answer... There is none... It was a training method only those who are crazy and desperate enough would attempt. A challenge so bizarre, only a handful of people have ever tried and succeeded. Grey is going to be one of those people.

No matter what is inside the door, Grey has no intention of giving up. He may retreat and rest for a while, but he won't stop until he beats the Boss. All to become stronger and more powerful, in order to protect those he treasures the most.

"Right, Polaris. Before I forget... Here, wear that." [Grey]

"A blindfold...?" [Polaris]

"Yeah. The boss is a light-attribute monster so it would probably be bright,.. Oh, and change into a smaller form. That would be for the best." [Grey]