Chapter 298: S-rank Quest!

BOOM BOOM FWOOOOSSSHHHHH

The sky rumbled and the winds roared, a mighty platinum figure soared throughout the vast blue sky, piercing through the clouds and leaving a trail of white. Thunder roared like hunting lions as she darted at lightning speed.

Not a single bird nor beast dared to get in her way, humbling themselves in her great presence. Every time she flapped her wings, bursts of winds ran rampant throughout the whole place like a storm passing by, her silver eyes shimmering like the moon.

"Grey, are we there yet?" [Yuna]

"Yuna, you already asked that just a few seconds ago... We still have a few minutes left before arrival, you know?" [Grey]

"Mmn! Okay! I'm just getting pumped up!" [Yuna]

There was only excitement in Yuna's eyes as she stretched her arms, her pointy ears flapping up and down. And he might not look at it, but Grey was just as excited, his eyes peering towards the horizon as he scanned them thoroughly.

Why might they be flying, one might ask? The answer is pretty simple, actually, and for that, we'll have to turn back time into a couple hours ago...

More than a week has passed since the thief incident at Grey and Yuna's house, and it was just like any other normal day, everyone going about their usual routines. The same could also be said for Grey and Yuna.

Since it's been some time, they wanted to stretch and warm their bodies a bit. They are now heading towards the Adventurers' Guild to take a few quests. It's perfect to breathe in some fresh air as well after being cooped up in Galderia for quite a while.

"Yuna, what kind of quests would you like to take for today? Should we go herb gathering again?" [Grey]

"Herb gathering, hmm... No, I'd like monster extermination! It woー" [Yuna]

"Ah! You scared the living dayー Ah! No! That's not it! Grey! Yuna! You arrived just in time! Hurry inside, quick!" [Tilda]

They couldn't even make sense of what just happened. Before they realized it, Tilda already got ahold of their hands and dragged them inside the guild. They couldn't even tilt their heads in confusion, everything feeling like a blur.

There were traces of urgency and panic, and not just her. The same emotions could be seen painted on the faces of the adventurers and the guild staff, and surprisingly, even the Guildmaster was also at the lobby, face looking more menacing than usual.

"You arrived just in time..." [Gaston]

They were the same words as Tilda said, but it was much more menacing, a tinge of pressure mixed within. His eyes glowed sharp with seriousness, looking at the two youths before him. They don't even need to ask... It was trouble.

"Grey, Yuna, we need your help... A horde of monsters have appeared in the plains of the Lindhart Kingdom, led by an Apex Werebeast." [Gaston]

It was just as they had guessed. To make things worse, it was a horde full of rabid Werebeasts whom, even the lowest variants are at E-rank. Even if the knights were to be involved, it would still be a difficult battle.

To top things off, it would be led by an Apex Werebeast, an S-rank monster who could effortlessly destroy towns on its own. Marching along it would be hundreds, if not thousands of Alpha Werebeasts, Greater Werebeasts and Werebeasts, a force which could bring about havoc if not handled properly.

It was no wonder why Tilda had such a hurried look on her face. Apparently, she was tasked to head towards their house and ask for their help. Conveniently enough, the two appeared just as she slammed the door open.