Chapter 253: Pains and Joys of Parenthood

Dong Dong Dong

The sun finally reached its zenith and with the arrival of noon, resonant bells echoed all throughout the capital. The birds flew from the noise and the people continued to hustle and bustle. Delicious fragrances wafted all throughout as lunch befell on them.

The Royal Castle isn't any different either. With the advent of lunch, the whole place is now much more peaceful, less people running around as they all took their breaks one after another, eating the hearty lunch they have been waiting for all day.

If there was something different, it would be the Royal Family who has yet to head over the Dining Hall. Everyone was now tidying themselves up, with Grey and Yuna saying their goodbyes as it was finally time to depart.

"Then, we'll be going now everyone." [Grey]

"Hm? Are you really sure you won't be having lunch with us?" [Talia]

"We'd love to, but... I don't think we should..." [Grey]

Grey finished his words, eyes swimming towards a certain direction. There, a certain figure stood firm and proud, a silent yet terrifying smile on his face. And that figure is none other than the ever so reliable Prime Minister.

It has already been a couple hours since he left the King to spend time with the Little Princess, but rather than be grateful and head back as soon as he could, he used the fact that he's having fun with the Little Princess to his advantage and lengthened his break. Now, the Prime Minister has come back to personally get him.

"Hey, Anderson... How aboutー" [Ernes]

"No. And that's final, Your Majesty." [Anderson]

"But I haven't even saidー" [Ernes]

"Your Majesty, if you say one more word, I will resign and leave every matter of the Kingdom to you. Please think carefully." [Anderson]

The King couldn't even try to bargain. The Prime Minister had already erected an unbreakable and immovable wall which not even he could go against. It was over. Only a mountain of paperwork awaited him.

And though Grey and Yuna would normally be concerned with such heavy workload. It was the King they're talking about. He had also caused them enough trouble for them to not care anymore. He needs to suffer a little.

If anything, they were glad the Prime Minister and the Queen were both there for the country, otherwise, one could only imagine how chaotic it would be if everything was left to the King and Crown Prince. Such a reliable pair, indeed.

"Then, we'll be heading out now." [Grey]

"See you next week~!" [Yuna]

"Bye bye~!" [Natalia]

Smiles afloat the air and hands waving goodbye, the doors opened once again and a series of footsteps reverberated throughout the corridors. Soon after, Grey and Yuna are nowhere to be foundー or so, they should have been.

But before Grey could even open up a gate, a sudden thought popped in his mind. They were already in the capital, after all. Visiting other acquaintances they knew was not a bad idea. Especially a certain someone they've been dying to meet again.

"Yuna, let's take another detour." [Grey]

"Hm? Why...... Ah! Let's go! Let's go!" [Yuna]

Grey didn't even need to explain any further. As soon as he said his piece, Yuna then thought of any and all the reasons why Grey would suggest staying any longer, soon arriving to a certain conclusion. A smile bloomed on her face soon after.