Chapter 295: Everyone's Little Problems

Clink Clink Clink

The bottle was shaken and stirred, the sound of glass ringing echoing in the air. Blue and green liquids were mixed in, bubbles frothing upon contact. The glass was stirred yet again and the solution turned into a shade of cyan, turning gold as a few drops were added soon after.

The room was silent as a cemetery, only the silent whistling and whispering of the cold winds to be heard, ghastly echoes as monotonous symphonies played in the background. Blue orbs peered into the glass, clear like the vast seas.

Of course, those blue orbs belonged to none other than Yuna, the elf who was now performing alchemy. She's been making potions since the sun rose over the horizon, and already created countless of them, taking notes all the while.

Blub Fwissshhhhh Blub Blub Blub...

Yuna dropped a few golden pieces in yet it only fizzled for a while, disappearing soon after after turning the solution red. There was clearly a reaction, but not a single smile could be seen, Yuna sighing soon after.

"Another failure, huh..." [Yuna]

The golden pieces Yuna just dropped on the solution was none other than parts of the Divine Fruit of Miracles they received a while back from Leif. Grey had said it was very potent so she has been experimenting on it, all to no avail.

Yuna was already a Tier-8 "Grandmaster" Alchemist, amongst the best in all of Merusia, yet despite that, she could barely make progress on the project she was working on. It was even more difficult than she had imagined.

She had already tried using different reagents, changed the ratios, played around with different temperatures, used different ingredients and techniques, yet no matter what she did, it just didn't work. She was stuck.

Grey had already told her one needed to be a "Divine Alchemist" in order to process the fruit, but she still wanted to try it. She had learnt quite a number of things from her experiments, but she still couldn't advance to a higher tier. Oh, bittersweet efforts.

Click Clack Creak

And just as she mulled over her failure, the doors suddenly opened and a familiar figure presented himself, bringing along a tray of snacks. There were rabbit-shaped apples, cookies, and a pitcher of fruit juice, greeting Yuna with a kiss to the forehead.

"How's my beloved fiancée doing?" [Grey]

"Mmn... Not good... I still haven't made any significant progress in my work. It was another failure again..." [Yuna]

"Hahaha. Don't worry too much about it. I'm sure you'll get it one day," [Grey]

"Uuu... But that someday may be very far away..." [Yuna]

"Don't be too negative now. That's very much unlike you... Here, have some of these apples to cheer yourself up." [Grey]

Grey said as he forked a rabbit-shaped apple and fed it to his crestfallen fiancée. She was a little slow at first, but after tasting the sweetness and juiciness of the apple, her eyes quickly lit up and she kept munching like a little rabbit.

It wasn't just the apples. The cookies too weren't safe from her vigor. She ate them quickly with lightning speed hands, letting Grey feed and spoil her from time to time. Before long, Yuna was back to her usual self.

"Mmn~! That was good!" [Yuna]

The young lady stood up and stretched her arms towards the ceiling. Her eyes were now sparkling brightly and cheerfully as usual. It was a bummer that things didn't go as planned, but there was no need to hasten things. There was still plenty of time.