Chapter 271: Multi-Colored Quests (pt. II)

Tweet Tweet Tweet

Fresh air danced and wafted throughout the forest. The high mountains stood proud as they basked under the sun as the tree branches swayed by the whims of the wind. A lovely day was once again upon the world as the sun reached its Zenith.

In such a lovely forest, surrounded by trees and flowers, blades of grass waving ever so subtly, a number of figures could be seen sitting around. A light colored blanket was covered over the grass as they enjoyed a lovely meal together.

"Mmn... I've noticed this before, but you sure do eat well, huh, Iris..." [Yuna]

"Ermm... Is that bad...?" [Iris]

"No, not at all. Rather, it's good that you're not a picky eater. Here, eat some more veggies so that you grow up big and strong." [Yuna]

"Elder Sister Yuna... I'm not a child anymore..." [Iris]

Of course, along with their lovely meal was a joyous talk filled with bright smiles and gentle laughter. And like any other day, Grey and Yuna doted on Iris as if they were their own little sister, feeding her like a little chipmunk.

Well, it isn't just Iris. Be it Eliza, Zeke, Elnart, Galvin, or any other child, they treat them all the same like they were family. It's also the reason they are so attached to them, following them little ducklings following their mother duck.

"Hahaha. You say that but you disliked vegetables, you know? I still remember how you refused to eat tomatoes and broccoli back then." [Grey]

"Th-That's all in the past! And I eat all my greens now! Geez!" [Yuna]

"Really now. You can't even handle bitter ones yet." [Grey]

"Uuu... That's because they taste horrible... They're also hard to wash away. The taste always stays in your mouth." [Yuna]

And what meal would be complete without a sprinkle of discourse and teasing? They relived their past long ago when they had just met, Grey chuckling to himself as he remembered the different faces Yuna made when eating greens.

Thankfully, Grey's cooking skills were enough to overcome the difficulty of eating them. Just a taste of his stir-fried vegetables, and Yuna ate them with great delight. Though in exchange, Yuna has become quite a bit of a glutton. Well, Grey still loves her all the same.

Their lunch continued and a little bit of rowdiness occurred as the familiars played with one another. They stumbled and fell, soon rolling around as they tackled each other. Vega and Kentaurus once again started to cuddle Procyon, much to the latter's annoyance.

"Hm?" [Iris]

Just as all the excitement unfolded, Iris spotted in the corner of her eyes, a little rabbit looking at her with black and innocent eyes. It was sniffing ever so adorably, standing silently as it looked at everyone with curious looks.

They were such adorable eyes that one couldn't simply help but fall in love with how small and cute they were. Especially when its fur was dyed a pink color. It stood out like a flower swaying alone in a grassy meadow.

"My, would you like to pet the rabbit, Iris?" [Yuna]

"E-Eh, ermm... That's... That's not it..." [Iris]

"No need to hold back now. Right now, you're not a princess, you're just 'Iris'. You can have fun all you want." [Yuna]

"Mmn... I want to fluff the rabbit..." [Iris]

She was a little reluctant and headstrong at first, but with a little bit of talking from Yuna, she finally let loose. After all, there isn't anyone around to judge them. It's simply them and them alone, having fun as much as they could.