Chapter 262: Familiar Faces

The city was wild and lively, all sorts of attraction to be seen left and bright, and as one would expect from the city of colors, they were all beautiful and colorful as well, with all shades of the rainbow present, dyeing the city with happiness.

The sun was already high in the sky, the third bell resounding ever so clearly, yet the city showed no sign of slowing down. Rather, things only got busier with time, people going back and forth as they go about their daily lives, busy as one can be.

"Dear customer, over here~! Are you looking for a place to stay?"

"Ah! Please be careful when unloading that. There's some fragile things inside."

"Ohh~! So this is Erdea!"

Of course, with the Festival of Hearts just around the corner, such business was only bound to grow more hectic and noisy. Time and time again, carriages entered the city and brought a lot of people with them, eyes sparkling as they were welcomed by such a wondrous sight.

Well, it wasn't just the tourists who were busy. With such a massive increase in the number of people in the city, business already started to boom, taking any and every opportunity they got as much as they could.

In fact, just by the city's entrance, a number of people would greet the tourists with brochures in their hands, letting them know of various locations and enticing them to try out their services. The city was bustling like never before.

"Elder Brother Grey, what are those things?" [Iris]

"Oh, those? That's cotton candy. Is it your first time seeing one?" [Grey]

"Yes... They look so fluffy..." [Iris]

Of course, amongst those tourists were Grey, Yuna, and Iris who were taking their sweet time and looking around the city. They were still near the entrance yet they a
Ready saw all sorts of things, excitement in the air.

And as one would expect, not just their houses and clothing, their food was also quite colorful and brilliant. In fact it was the first time Grey had seen cotton candy after four years. It was quite interesting to say the very least.

"Hmm... Should we try out some then?" [Grey]

"C-Can we?" [Iris]

"Hahaha. Of course we can. And... It's also been some time since I've had some, so I'm quite curious," [Grey]

"Eh? Are they delicious, Grey?" [Yuna]

"Well, we'll see soon enough." [Grey]

Not a single trace of opposition from the others, everyone then headed to the cotton candy stand nearby and lined up before the other customers. And like before, Iris' eyes were sparkling at the thought of experiencing a new experience.

They moved slowly but surely, step by step, and before long, the cotton candy maker machine was in view. Grey took a quick look and was surprised how similar it was as compared to Earth's design with the only difference being the use of magic circuits instead of electricity. It was amazing.

But enough about the machine, it was finally everyone's turn. After they paid the man their a couple nickel coins, the latter then spun the wheel and created more and more cotton candies which were not only colorful, but sprinkled with sugary shapes.

"Here you go."

"Thank you very much." [Grey]

Each one of the cotton candy was a work of art. Not only were there cute designs made of sugar, the cotton candy themselves were spun to mix the colors of the spun candy. Plus, they also looked so fluffy. They were perfect!