Chapter 321: The First Rounds (pt. I)

Clang Clang Clang

Furious winds blew all over the Grand Colosseum, violent lashes and hasty slashes giving birth to thundering explosions as blades clashed against one another. One was a violent gale and the other a serene creek, glimmering under the sky.

Two figures clenched their blades tightly, creating shockwaves with each and every swing. As sparks flew in all directions, a storm of man brewed more turbulent, leaving deep gashes on the ground and piercing the clouds above.

As the clamoring of swords rang out like the screeches of falcons and roars of lions, the crowd only added to the excitement. They screamed and they bawled out their hearts, pouring every bit of strength as they cheered.

《Heavy Slash!》     《Soaring Edge!》

They waved their blades and blades of mana rushed out from their swords, another loud clash filling the air. The audience couldn't help but look at the beautiful exchange of blows, hearts smiling heartily like the expressions they wore.

They were still young, but their skills were polished as they came. They wielded their swords with years of experience, finally revealing their sharp and deadly glints in front of the masses, eyes burning passionately with determination.

"And Lady Jimena strikes again! Breaking the gap in Lord Hark's defense! Will she be able to turn the tide of the battle?!" [Terry]

"Looks like that's a hard no, folks! Lady Jimena's strikes may be fast but Lord Hark's recovery is even faster! He stands with pride yet again!" [Konan]

It was the final round of the Junior Division, and all participants had given it their all as they brandished their swords, one fierce duel unfolding after another. The crowd howled in excitement, raising their fists towards the sky.

There was a little bit of concern when the decision of adding divisions were made, but seeing the reception or the populace, it seems that those worries were all for naught, two figures screaming to the top of their lungs as they hyped the audience.

"Kids these days really are something, aren't they, Partner?" [Terry]

"You're absolutely right! Even as I am now, I'm afraid I wouldn't stand a chance against any of them! Truly frightening indeed!" [Konan]

"Hohoho! These are Graystone's future! We're witnessing history unfold!" [Terry]

Their flamboyant voices thundered throughout the Grand Colosseum, drowned out by the excitement and enthusiasm of the crowd. The Carnival of Swords had barely just started yet the atmosphere had already peaked.

"Oh! She strikes and she scores! Lady Jimena is driving Lord Harks into a corner with her rapid thrusts and merciless blows!" [Konan]

"Will this be the end, folks?! Will Lord Harks be able to make a recovery?!" [Terry]

"Haha! My blood is boiling in thrill!" [Konan]

Konan and Terry made such a loud racket, slamming their desks in excitement as they peered towards the two contestants. All eyes were on the two youngsters, not blinking as the match slowly approached its conclusion.

The young lady drew back her sword and pulled as much mana as she could. She grit her teeth and clenched her heart, putting all her strength towards her arms. It was all or nothing, a final strike to end it all.

《Pierce!》     《Barrier!》

Harks planted down his sword, erecting a barrier before him. Light swallowed the stage the moment Jimena thrusted her sword, the sound of glass shattering echoing in the air as the two forces collided ever so violently.