Chapter 260: A Night in the Sanctuary

The wind was soft, cold, and gentle, whispering ever so subtly as it carried the birds high in the sky. The clouds drifted ever so slowly, like gentle waves sailing a sea of gold and garnet as the sun set over the faraway horizon.

As the sky slowly faded into the darkness, a platinum figure streaked across it like a bolt of lightning, fast as one can be as it parted the clouds before her. She spread her wings proudly, gazing at the scenery under her as she reigned atop the clouds.

"Waah~! So beautiful..." [Iris]

Of course, such a splendid platinum figure was none other than Sirius and on her back were Grey, Yuna, and Iris. They are now heading towards Erdea, the princess' eyes sparkling brightly as she gazed upon the scenery unfolding before her.

Though Iris had ridden on one of the familiars before, they were on the sea back then and all she could see was the sea and a couple islands here and there, with ships dotted around from time to time. It was beautiful.

But now that they are on land, it is a completely different experience. From winding rivers to high mountains and expansive forests, there were a lot of wonderful sights to behold, each one unique to their own and just as fantastic.

"Iris, would you like some candy?" [Yuna]

"C-Can I?" [Iris]

"Of course you can, you silly girl. But, ah! Don't eat too much, okay? We'll be having dinner soon after we land." [Yuna]

"Yes!" [Iris]

Yun extended her hands out and as soon as she opened it, a colorful combination was unveiled. There were candies of all fruity flavors, all sweet and tasty. Iris then picked out a couple few, eating one soon after.

But it was just as Yuna said. It has only been a couple hours since they flew yet they are already about to land and retire for the day. It is all because of a couple people, who shall not be named, that their flight has been delayed.

Thankfully, they weren't in a hurry or anything of the sort. They are only heading there early to experience new things and explore new territories. Getting late by a single day or two wouldn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

"Looks like this is how far we'll go..." [Grey]

It was regretful, but with the stars finally showing themselves in the sky one after another, they could only come to a halt and retire for the day. Sirius slowly had her descent, landing gracefully and softly like a feather.

One after another, everyone hopped off of Sirius' back, a crisp crunch resounding in the air as a couple dried leaves were crunched. It was like the usual, landing in a forest when the moon is out, eyes swimming left and right.

"Thanks for the ride, Sirius." [Grey]

"It was my pleasure, Master." [Sirius]

But unlike usual, rather than sending Sirius back to the shadows and rest. Rather, she only changed back to her wolf pup form, hard and beautiful scales transforming into fluffy and glossy fur, warm and cuddly as one can be.

Just in time, the sun had finally set and darkness had encroached the world once more. The forest, though calm and peaceful, was still a scary place to be, the subtle hooting of owls adding a touch of eeriness in the air.

"Then... Elder Brother Grey, Elder Sister Yuna, are we camping here?" [Iris]

Yet despite such circumstances, the Princess Royal stayed calm and collected like usual, her head turning left and right and eyes swimming in all directions as she searched for a suitable place to camp.