Chapter 213: An Unforgettable Day (pt. I)

Light shone on the world, repelling the darkness back to the depths of the abyss and waking the sleeping forests. The rivers sparkled, the meadows were filled with colors, and the mountain breathed in a breath of fresh air.

The flowers bloomed proudly, red, white, and yellow, their petals opening freely like the surging waves in the ocean, and morning dew dropped from leaf to leaf, sparkling brightly as it reflected the fresh and golden sunlight.

Sunlight seeped through the windows, a lone figure graced by its warmth. His eyes were slightly closed, sleeping peacefully, embraced by the comfort and softness of the bed. It was as if there was not a single problem in the world.

"Grey~! Wake... Up~!" [Yuna]

But such peace was quickly broken as another familiar face entered the room, an apron wrapping around her body and a ladle by her right hand. Such a wonderful sight was what greeted Grey as soon as he opened his eyes.

"Hmg... Yuna, what's with the ruckus so early in the morning...?" [Grey]

"Sorry, was I too rough?" [Yuna]

"No... Nor really... Just... Why the rush?" [Grey]

"Save the questions for later! For now, let's get out of bed, okay?" [Yuna]

Just like a mother waking up her child for school, Yuna was unusually strict. Though Grey doesn't understand what's going on, he simply followed and got out of bed, then changing clothes as he let out a belated yawn.

"Breakfast's ready. Come down quickly, okay?" [Yuna]

"Yeah... Thanks..." [Grey]

Seeing Grey finally up and about, a smile then formed on Yuna's face before she turned around and headed downstairs. She was much more excited than usual, making Grey wonder if something good recently happened.

It wasn't long before Grey followed her downstairs. As soon as he switched to a more comfortable attire, he then got out of the bedroom and headed downstairs too. What greeted him as soon as he did was an appetizing aroma drifting from the kitchen.

There wasn't just one or two, but a plethora of tasty dishes were displayed atop the dinner table. Though it was normal for them to have a lot on the table, today, there was even more than usual. It was as if they were serving food at a banquet.

"Hm? What's with the dishes? Is there something going on?" [Grey]

"Eh? What do you mean by that, silly? It's a special occasion! Of course, we have to celebrate extravagantly!" [Yuna]

"Oh? And that special occasion is...?" [Grey]

"Eh?" [Yuna]

"Huh?" [Grey]

Grey looked at Yuna's eyes and the latter looked back at him. Silence swallowed the kitchen whole as the winds of awkwardness blew through the two of them. Traces of disbelief were painted all over Yuna's eyes and face.

Of course Yuna would be shocked. After all, with Grey's ability, "Divine Mind", he could easily remember everything and anything he put his mind to. It's just that it's too burdensome remembering everything all the time that he chooses not to.

"Ah... It's my birthday..." [Grey]

Well, it didn't take long before Grey finally realized what day it was. As soon as his thoughts leaked out, Yuna simply nodded in an adorable manner, pouting a little as she looked at Grey, disappointment brewing in her heart.

"Mou... How could you forget your own birthday... It only comes once a year. You should at least try to remember. It's a special day, you know?" [Yuna]