Chapter 231: Verdant Treasure Trove

Buhiik Buhiik Buhiik

A little boar roamed the forest, passing under the green canopy and over the lively blades of grass. It snorted and snorted, nodding its head up and down as it followed the sweet scent of its favorite berries.

Plump, pink, and juicy, the berries were. A delighted expression bloomed across the little boar's face as it buried its face on the bushes, munching its time away, listening to the peaceful symphony of the tranquil forest.

"Waah~! There's so many! And more here too! And here! Oh! Another one!" [Yuna]

Well, it was tranquil until a certain silver-haired elf came prancing around, running from place to place as she collected herbs and fruits with sparkling eyes, extremely excited like a hyperactive kid who had been let loose in the park.

"L-Lady Yuna! Please wait! You're too fast!" [Marika]

"Yuna, watch your steps. You might trip with how fast you are going." [Grey]

Following behind such an energetic person were none other than Grey and Marika. Both had worried expressions on their faces, for entirely different reasons. The latter one, sounding more like an overprotective father than a concerned boyfriend.

The sun had already reached its Zenith, and now, it's slowly descending from the sky. After visiting Lobo village, Marika invited the two in the forest to pick and collect some fruits and herbs they could use.

And as one would expect from Yuna, the overexcited alchemy maniac, the moment she got permission to forage from the forest, she quickly dashed her way through, only leaving trails of dust behind. It was only then that Marika realized her mistake.

If it wasn't for the fact that Yuna quickly got distracted by each and every plant life she saw, she would have already arrived at the other edge of the forest long ago. Marika would have had no chance in catching up to her. She was simply too nimble and fast on her feet.

"Huff... Hufff... La... Lady Yuna... Huff..." [Marika]

In addition to that, Marika was just a normal person. After chasing the ever so excited Yuna around for several minutes, it was only to be expected that she got exhausted, trying to grasp her breath as her feet stopped moving.

"Are you alright, Marika? You can just rest, you know?" [Grey]

"A-Ah... Yes... Huff... But Lady Yuna.... Huff..." [Marika]

"Don't worry about her. I'll watch over her, so you can take a rest." [Grey]

Hearing Grey's words, Marika could only feel relief flood her chest. She quickly sat down on the soft, green grass, finally able to take a breath of the fresh and fragrant air. There really was no place much more perfect for relaxation than the forest.

Well, even if Marika could finally relax, the same couldn't be said for Grey. If before, all he needed to look after was the clumsy Marika, now, he also needed to look after his hyperactive girlfriend, making sure she won't go overboard. In simpler terms, he was babysitting once again.

If it wasn't for his "Eyes of Heaven", he would have had to follow the excited Yuna around wherever she goes. Though he was a little annoyed at first, now, he couldn't help but thank God for giving him such cheat abilities.

"Still, this forest sure is beautiful, huh... To think so many kinds of plants and fungi are present here. How do I say this... It's quite interesting..." [Grey]

"Hm? Is that also not the case in other forests, Lord Grey?" [Marika]

"Well, sure, they're also beautiful, but they're not as diverse as the one here in Torogi. Maybe, about a third of this...?" [Grey]