Chapter 320: The Carnival of Swords

Toot Toot Toot Bam Bam Bam Ding Ding Ding

A loud fanfare thundered towards the sky, clamoring cheers and chatters booming all through the whole arena. A parade of drums, trumpets, xylophones, and many more marched and circled, a rhythmic symphony brewing in the air.

The massive gates opened and heavy creaks resounded in the air. A large cohort of knights pouring out, bearing silver swords, golden spears, and scarlet flags in their arms. They stopped their march and faced one another, a loud thud echoing.

Majesty, dignity, and honor. The knights raised their hands in attention, performing their salutes as the important figures of the Kingdom made their entrance, waving their hands with smiles on their faces.

"Your Majesties, Your Highnesses! We love you!"

"General Harold! You're the best! Take back the seat of the Champion!"

"Long live Graystone! May the swords of the Kingdom shine bright!"

There were the High Officers, the Ministers, and the Royal Family. The King waved his hands and the crowd cheered fervently, chanting his name towards high heaven. The majesty of the Royal Family graced the arena, each step prim and proper.

There was no end to the ruckus and commotion, excitement brewing heavier in the air. The Royal Family soon arrived at the Royal Chambers and the flags of Graystone were raised proudly by their side, music coon playing in the air.

"♪ Our beloved motherland. In the land of the caves and seas. The waves will turn and the earth will quake. But our sword will remain standing proud ♪...."

It was the national anthem of Graystone, everyone standing in attention no matter how young or old. They closed their fists and placed it atop their chests, their words drifting along the fleeting music. Everyone was in harmony.

The violins and the piano were played, and the drums were beat. As the voices of the masses drifted afloat the air, the winds whistled ever so gently. The beats and notes soon reached their conclusion, merriness returning to the crowd.

"My dearest and loyal subjects, the time has come yet again. He was a great King and a great swordsman. With his own hands, he brought forth peace over the lands and built the very lands we stand here today.

King Parsifal, the first and greatest King of the Graystone was a man of conviction and devotion. He swung his sword for the people and paved the way for the people, gifting us the paradise we live in." [Archen]

The King continued his speech and the people listened to his preaching. There was not a single chattering to be heard, everyone listening attentively to the stories they have since heard when they were children.

The tales of the first King had been passed down from generation to generation, and for more generations to come. He was not just a King, but a hero as well. One who spent sweat, blood, and tears to build Graystone.

It was a story sung by bards and writers 300 years ago, yet it still felt fresh to the hearts of the populace. The King's words only fanned the flames of their endless gratitude to a man they have never met before yet had changed their lives.

"However, like all stories, the tale of our great founder also reached its conclusion 300 years ago. On this very day, King Parsifal had joined the stars in the night sky, forever watching us from above.

He left a legacy in our books, a burning will in our hearts, and a dream for the future. Today, we celebrate his departure and the gifts he bestowed us. Today, we shall cross our swords in his honor and remember him for ages to come!