Chapter 349: Lack of Ingredients

The market was lively and noisy, various customers and merchants haggling over the prices and some buying in bulk. The shimmer of coins glimmered all over the place as the exchanges were made, bronze, silver, gold, and many more.

In the corner of the market, the fresh and earthy scent of herbs wafted through the air. Various leaves, sprouts, fruits, roots, and flowers can be seen everywhere, all coming in different shapes and sizes, scents calming and refreshing.

It was a wonderful haven for alchemists and herbalists, many of them going around the place and picking out the herbs they needed. Some were even fighting over the rare ones and are competing to see who can offer a higher price. It was a lively place.

"Do you really have no more Heller Sprouts, Mister?" [Yuna]

"I'm sorry, Your Highness, but the stock has been low on herbs recently. Especially the ones which had to be imported from other regions."

"Then what about Jalabra or Mikumiku?" [Yuna]

"I'm really sorry, but I'm afraid it's also difficult to acquire them at the moment. Even if you go to another stall, it would be the same, Your Highness."

Yet one figure stood out the most among them, now wearing a troubled expression on her face as she tried searching for the herbs she needed. It was already the 13th stall, but her efforts have yet to bear fruit.

"Haah... There's nothing we can do about it if that's the case... I'll be buying these ones, then. Can you package them for me?" [Yuna]

"Of course! It's always a pleasure doing business with you, Your Highness!"

The stall owner was up on cloud nine, his mustache springing up as he smiled. He then packaged the herbs Yuna picked and neatly stacked them on top of one another whilst humming as if he just won the lottery.

It has been a couple of days since our main protagonists took the Haunted Forest investigation, and during those days, a couple things happened. For once, Yuna's products were now out in the market, and another thing, she has reached Tier-5 in enchanting. It was a happy feat.

Aside from those events, things have been normal as usual... Well, it was normal until Yuna realized that she was lacking some herbs and went to panic. Her panicked scream even echoed all over the empty neighborhood.

Though Yuna has an abundance of ingredients in her storage ring from her hoarding during their quests, there are still some which she could only get her hand off in the market. The ones which grow only in specific environments.

Specialty products of a region are especially annoying to get as most of them take a few to several days to be restocked. It was an obstacle which only hindered Yuna's pursuit of alchemy. It was truly a hassle, that's for sure.

"Here you go, Your Highness."

"Un, thank you. I'll be back again." [Yuna]

Said Yuna as she received he purchased items from the vendor and headed out soon enough. She then waved her hand and stored the contents to her storage ring before heading to another stall to search for the aforementioned ingredients.

One... Two... Three... Four... And many more. Yuna headed from stall to stall and asked around for the same ingredients, but the result was always the same. Each and every stall she went to didn't have them as if there was some sort of shortage.

What's even more troubling was that those ingredients are the main ingredients to make the detoxification potions she was trying to concoct. And they also don't have any alternative ingredients, making things even more troubling for her.