Chapter 308: Rising Rookies

"Hey, is that them? Are they the Heroes?"

"Yeah... Those are the Heroes... You should have seen them fight yesterday."

"Ughh... I knew I should have watched... Dammit."

Whispers and gossip spun in the air, the gentle breeze passing through the corridors. Three familiar figures walked amongst the crowd, parting the way as their footsteps resounded in the air, eyes indifferent to their surroundings.

It has been a day since Grey and Yuna's debut, and as Lisandra expected, rumors have spread all over the Royal Capital. Be it children or elderly, everyone had heard of their tale and how they crushed one swordsman after swordsman, not breaking a single sweat in the process.

In fact, they have become so popular, a massive crowd of people greeted them by the entrance of the colosseum, all wishing to be graced by their presence. It was like a fan reception, only that Grey and Yuna were not informed.

"Should we have gone to the other colosseums instead?" [Lisandra]

"No, it's fine. We're quite used to this scene anyway. It would only cause trouble for His Majesty if people flock here and there looking for us." [Grey]

"Un. Plus, it's not like they're bringing harm to us. As long as things are peaceful, we are more than fine with this." [Yuna]

"Okay... If you say so..." [Lisandra]

Or so they say, but there was quite a large margin between reality and their previous expectations. They thought it would only be a couple hundred at best, but the people that flocked had already reached more than a thousand.

Moreover, there were also many who had already bought tickets for the matches today, hoping to catch a glimpse of Grey and Yuna's duels. Things have escalated much further than how they previously thought it would.

A complete opposite to them, the staff of the colosseums were wearing big smiles on their faces. It has been quite some time since they saw such a big influx of customers heading inside the colosseum. Of course, that also meant more profits to be earned.

"A very delightful morning to you, Your Highnesses. Would you allow me to take you to your waiting area?" [Administrator]

"Our... Waiting area...?" [Yuna]

"Yes. We have prepared a private chamber for our important guests. I would like to present it to you if you don't mind." [Administrator]

And now, they even have a waiting area of their own. They looked at Lisandra, and as it seems, she was also oblivious to the existence of such a place. She didn't know gladiators could also have waiting areas of their own.

They wanted to reject it, they really do. But with the bright and dazzling, smiling face of the administrator, it was hard to reject it. It was also an opportunity to head to a more quiet area. It was a time of desperate need.

"Haah... Please do." [Grey]

"Hohoho. It would be my greatest pleasure." [Administrator]

Humming to himself, the Administrator then led Grey, Yuna, and Lisandra to the waiting room he spoke of, and as soon as they arrived, a grand and lavish scenery greeted their eyes, a little bit blinding to see.

There were luxurious couches, fancy cabinets, a fluffy bed, air conditioning, paintings, expensive dishes, and many more. Rather than a waiting room, it was more like a small home, complete with all the necessities and luxuries.