Chapter 310: A Break from Fighting (pt. I)

The wind blew eastward and shadows were cast on the ground as the sun ran along the sky. A massive sword of stone was erected by the streets, people and carriages circling around it, many admiring its grandeur as it stood proud and mighty.

Click Click Click Click

A series of clicks and clacks bobbed up and down in the air, dancing hand in hand with the little flashes, capturing every memory and engraving it into a piece of paper. Smiles and giggles floated adrift the place, a couple familiar figures standing merrily.

Of course, such figures were none other than Grey, Yuna, and Lisandra. They were now in front of one of the four swords of the Kingdom, the "Sword of Judgement", and just like the Sword of "Valor" from before, it was truly a sight to behold.

"Hmm... This looks good. What do you think?" [Grey]

"Un! I think they came out good! Ah! This one's a little blurry..." [Yuna]

"Isn't that fine? I think they are still beautiful." [Lisandra]

"Mmn... Then I guess it's fine. We've taken a lot of photos anyway!" [Yuna]

It's been a few days since Grey and Yuna's duo matches, and today, they decided to take a break from dueling and explore the city for once, now going around in all sorts of places and taking a bunch of pictures as they enjoy themselves.

With the colosseum and all, they have completely forgotten to go around the city. If it wasn't for Lisandra inviting and dragging them along, they would probably still be in a duel, fighting the colosseum and hearing the cheers of the crowd.

It wasn't bad seeing the excitement of people all the while improving their skills with the sword, but taking a breather every once in a while and enjoying life as it is was just as enjoyable, adding a bit of spice in their monotonous schedule.

"Lisa... Thanks..." [Grey]

"Hm? What for?" [Lisandra]

"For showing us around. I really appreciate it." [Grey]

A smile bloomed on Grey's face, and Yuna's soon after. It was only a simple thank you, but it was enough to make Lisandra's heart flutter in warmth and happiness. She couldn't help but smile, looking at the two.

"Fufufu! It's nothing, I was also quite bored myself... Anyway, is anyone hungry? Why don't we try some Avalon specialty fruits?" [Lisandra]

"Ah! I would like to! Are they sweet?" [Yuna]

"Yes! They're very sweet! There's also some that are very sour and some that are a little bit minty. Should we try all of them?" [Lisandra]

"Un! I'm going to buy a bunch of them! Grey! Hurry up~!" [Yuna]

Excitement drawn on their faces, everyone headed to the nearby stalls and looked for Graystone Kingdom's specialty fruits. And as one would expect from a tropical nation, there was quite a lot of variety of fruits, filling the markets with life and color.

There were the usual apples, oranges, bananas, watermelons, pineapples, and many more. However, just as many were the fruits Grey and Yuna had never seen before, some taking very common forms and shapes, and some looking like they come from a totally different planet.

Of course, with Grey's appraisal, he easily identified many of them, eyes filled with interest and curiosity as he scanned through them. It was still the first time he saw them, but he was already excited to see what recipes he could make with them.