Chapter 242: Marika in the Capital

"Hmm... Shouldn't we buy more sugar?" [Yuna]

"Yuna... This is already more sugar than we'll ever need, you know? Really... You and your sweet tooth..." [Grey]

"Uuu... But I'm sure a little more sugar won't hurt..." [Yuna]

The young lady said, upturned and innocent eyes gleaming brightly on her face. But her request was not little at all, rather, it was quite the opposite. Innocent as she may look, she was demanding to increase the amount of sugar they buy by more than twofold.

To which, Grey could only look at her with a troubled expression. After all, they have already doubled the amount of sugar they need. Doubling it another time was simply plain absurd. Not even a bakery consumes so much sugar. Yuna's sweets addiction was really on another level.

"Haah... Alright, fine, but under one condition. I'll cut your sugar allowance by half. That, or we'll go by our original plan." [Grey]

"Grey! That's so mean! This is abuse of power! I thought you loved me?!" [Yuna]

"I do... But besides that, I know you've also been stashing away bags of sugar when you go out shopping with Helen. Or... Do you also want to have a cut on your daily allowance as well?" [Grey]

"Uuu... That's... You know, umm... That is... Well..." [Yuna]

Yuna tried to come up with an excuse, but no matter how hard she tried, nothing popped up in her mind. Well, even if something did, Grey would instantly find out she's lying. In the end all she could do was agree on Grey's term and settle with their initial plans. Grey had the last chuckle.

It has been a couple days since Antoinette's birth and now, Grey and Yuna are back on Torogi to prepare for the upcoming outing. All the plans were now complete, along with the agreement from all parties. All that was left to do was set up the venue.

The sun was still young and the butterflies fluttered in the wind as they filled the fields with life and color. The wind danced and the blades of grass swayed along it. A soft and peaceful opera played in the fields with joy and calmness.

A single young lady sat atop a small, smooth boulder swinging her legs up and down as she enjoyed the view. A smile was afloat on her face enjoying her long-awaited rest, free from all the responsibilities she bore. It was a happy day.

"Marika~!" [Yuna]

"Ah! Big Sister Yuna! Big Brother Grey!" [Marika]

That young lady was none other than the Great Chief's clumsy yet reliable daughter, Marika. As soon as she saw Grey and Yuna's figure nearing her, her ears perked up and her smile bloomed even brighter as she skipped her steps towards them.

"Are you free right now?" [Grey]

"Hm? I am... Do you need something from me?" [Marika]

"Well, sort of... Do you still remember that promise we made with you?" [Grey]

"Promise? We did...?" [Marika]

She really was a clumsy and airheaded girl. It hasn't even been that long since they made the promise and she has already forgotten about it, tilting her head left and right as she tries to recall what it was all about.

The young lady pondered and pondered, and a number of incidents flashed before her mind. A few moments later and she finally recalled what it was, a surprised yet excited expression blossoming on her face.

"By promise, you mean...!" [Marika]

"Yeah. It's already long overdue, but if you want, we'd like to take you to a city in the mainland. A promise is a promise, after all." [Grey]