Chapter 217: The Vast Blue Sea

Clop Clop Clop Clop

The road was rough, heavy footsteps echoing as hooves struck the solid ground. Two carriages traveled towards one direction, a certain crest engraved on their doors and intricate patterns engraved with silver and gold.

The wheels continued to spin round and round, a green scenery to be seen as the trees stood proudly by the roadside. Soon, the verdant background grew sparser and sparser, the colors beige and blue taking its place as the horizon opened.

"Good... It seems like the town is just in view." [Abraham]

"It's been some time. I'm getting excited." [Vilma]

The married couple commented, their eyes swimming out of the glass window and into the view slowly unfolding. It wasn't just them, Grey and Yuna's eyes also started to wander towards the distance, savoring the beautiful sight.

It has been a few days since they arrived in the Beldon Marquisate, and after a couple days of staying over at the city of Gilm, they are now heading towards another one of the towns under the Marquess' jurisdiction, the port town, Lista. The place Grey has been looking forward to.

"Waah..." [Yuna]

Of course, as it was a port town, it wasn't only the town which was in sight, the vast and boundless blue sea also graced everyone with its presence. The moment Yuna's eyes saw it, she could only open her mouth in astonishment.

Like the sky above, the sea was just as beautiful. The waves tossed and turned, sweeping the sandy beaches white foams forming as the waves rushed over the surface. The waters sparkling as it basked under the afternoon sun.

It has been a few years since Grey has seen the sea too, but rather than the sea, the sight he was fascinated by the most was the one by his side. The pure and innocent excitement and astonishment of Yuna as she gazed towards the horizon was quite a sight to behold.

"Fufufu! Miss Yuna, is it perhaps the first time you've seen the sea?" [Vilma]

"Ah, un... Do I look weird...?" [Yuna]

"No, not at all. Rather, it's quite refreshing to see you with such an excited look. It's no wonder Mister Grey fell for you." [Vilma]

Well, it only took a single statement from the Marchioness for Yuna's focus to shift from the sea back to herself, her face now blushing red. After all, Yuna was quite the fun person to tease.

Several minutes passed and after a long ride, the carriages started slowing down, soon coming to a stop. In front of the carriage were high walls and large gates as usual, a few soldiers standing guard. It was a quick inspection.

A few more minutes later, the carriages met its final stop, a large mansion to be seen outside the windows. The doors opened wide and the servants bowed politely, a few figures exiting the rides soon after, light footsteps echoing all over the place.

"Your Excellencies, we'll be going ahead and unload the baggage."

"Alright. Just make sure to not be too rough with them. There's a couple fragile things in there. It would be troublesome if they were to be broken." [Abraham]

"Understood."

One after another, servants came out of the gates and unloaded the baggage the party brought. Most of them were clothes, utilities, and some basic necessities. Even then, they all took great care of them, handling them properly like true professionals.

They have finally arrived at the mansion, but a certain figure couldn't take her eyes off a certain direction, her mind wandering in another place. It was none other than Yuna who still hasn't had enough of the sea, not minding anything else.