Chapter 229: Life in Torogi (pt. I)

Fweet Crash Splash

The boat whistles blew sharp and sound, accompanied by crashes and splashes as the waves crashed on the port's seawalls, water drenching the roads wet. The winds howled once more, greeting the rising of the morning sun.

Yet even with such cacophony, the orchestra of nature was drowned by the noises of the people hustling and bustling as they loaded the boats and their boots hit the solid planks of the docks. The sky was still red, but the town was already awake and lively.

The cold breeze blew, pushing the boats and ships as they sailed away into the red-hued horizon. And as ships left, some also returned, bustling noises filling the air once again as the fishermen unloaded barrels upon barrels, full of fish they just caught. All were beaming smiles on their faces.

Tap Tap Tap

Among the people in the port, three figures stood out the most. There was the silver-haired young elven lady, the young man with eyes of amethyst, and the man who was always smiling. Yuna, Grey, and Jiro walked silently across the port.

With yesterday's happenings, the Adventurers' Guild had been briefed by ever so reliable Abraham, and being the Vice-Guildmaster and a High-Ranker, Jiro was sent as their representative to help out in the case.

"Alright. That should be all, right?" [Grey]

"Yeah... I don't think any details are missing..." [Jiro]

It has been several minutes since they met up, and after confirming the contents of the report again and again, their discussion had finally come to an end. Their roles have finally been decided for the duration of the mission.

Grey and Yuna would be living in Torogi for a few days, defeating the Leviathan as soon as possible, and while they are doing so, Jiro is tasked to keep Lista safe, going around the port for any disturbances.

As for the boats and ships which already sailed, the familiars will be looking out for them in the shadows, hiding deep beneath the water's surface like they did yesterday. It was the best and most efficient plan they could make.

"Then, Mister Jiro, we'll be leaving everyone in your care." [Grey]

"Un! We're sure it would be fine with you around! Then, we'll be going nー" [Yuna]

"Alright, then, I'll see youー Ah, wait! You two, before you go, I have something to give you." [Jiro]

Grey and Yuna hadn't even done so much as to turn around, but they were already stopped on their tracks. Jiro then quickly rummaged through the contents of his storage ring, seemingly searching for something important.

It didn't take too long. After a few seconds of searching, Jiro took out a number of black boxes, wrapped with a few pieces of cloth around them. They may look a little different from what they usually use, but they could easily tell what they were. They were meal boxes.

"Dad wants to give these to you," [Jiro]

"From Captain Jack?" [Yuna]

"Yeah. These are from the fish and seafood he caught yesterday. He says thanks for everything yesterday. And that you can drop by anytime you wanted to." [Jiro]

There weren't just two or three, but a whole dozen meal boxes. All were still steaming hot with appetizing smells coming from them. It was obvious that they were being considerate of their appetites. It was honestly a little embarrassing.

"Then, Mister Jiro, please tell Captain Jack we're thankful for it. We'll make sure to enjoy it thoroughly." [Grey]

"Un! I'm sure it will be delicious!" [Yuna]