Chapter 300: A Marital Dispute

Chirp Chirp Chirp

The sun was out over the horizon and the birds' sweet melodies drifted in the winds once more. It was yet another day, morning dew dripping down the leaves of flowers and blades of grass, a fresh scent of green permeating in the breeze.

As butterflies fluttered in the air, their paper thin wings flapping ever graciously, the caterpillars crawled from stem to stem, munching on the delicious, green leaves. It was but a small garden but it seemed like a totally different world.

And speaking of worlds, two figures were in one on their own, not minding the outside world and simply enjoying each other's company. It has been almost a week since the Werebeast subjugation incident and life has been the same...

"Grey, should we go to the Guild?" [Yuna]

"Nah, I'm nor really feeling like it... I'm sure something's waiting for us there. It would just be troublesome." [Grey]

"Right... I just want to laze around too..." [Yuna]

... Or rather than it has been the same, Grey and Yuna have been trying to ignore the things which might just cause them trouble. They know that the moment they decide to go to the guild, they would receive a letter, a medal, or things of the sort. It was just too tiring to deal with them.

Now, Grey and Yuna simply laze around. Yuna was lying down on a couch, eating some salted chips while she was at it whilst Grey was making another painting of her, still not satisfied with everything he's been painting.

"Grey, are you not done yet? I want to cuddle..." [Yuna]

"Just a moment... I'll just finish this part..." [Grey]

"Uuu... Do you nor care about your fiancée anymore?" [Yuna]

Of course, as usual, there was also lots of flirting. Unable to receive enough attention from Grey, Yuna then headed his way and clung on his back like a spoiled baby. She also poked on Grey's cheeks all to no avail, the latter still continuing to paint.

Well, it's not like Grey didn't care about her. He was simply too used to her antics and habits already that he's built up a resistance to it. It always happens on a daily basis, after all. It was a part of their peaceful lifeー

Ding Dong Ding Dong

Well, it was peaceful until the doorbells started ringing. They only needed to take a peek and they could already tell who was ringing it. It was only a silhouette, but it was one they were too familiar with. It was Kris!

"I'll go get it." [Yuna]

"Please, and thanks." [Grey]

Curious as one can be, Yuna then rushed towards the doors, and out towards the gate. The very moment she was outside, she immediately jolted when she saw Kris, making Grey, who was watching from afar, tilt his head in confusion.

It wasn't long before the reason was revealed. When he headed inside the house, a face full of bruises, scratches, and bumps was what greeted Grey, making him drop his paintbrush from sheer shock, flabbergasted as one can be.

"Yo, Grey! Morning!" [Kris]

Yet despite all the wounds on his face, he still had the energy to smile as if it was no big deal. He simply walked towards where Grey is, looking at what the latter was painting, cupping his chin as if he was some sort of art connoisseur.

Meanwhile, Grey and Yuna couldn't be any more confused. Though, it only took them a little bit of thinking before they quickly figured out how Kris' face came to be. It was Kris they were talking about, after all.