Chapter 244: Sea, Smiles, and Shenanigans (pt. I)

One, two, three... A few hits and sheds lined up neatly along the shore. With roofs made of coconut leaves, pillars and walls made of bamboo, and several seats lined up neatly up the front, it looked like a tiki bar through and through.

Chatter Chatter Chatter

A number of figures strolled around the beach, enjoying their time of relaxation. The men wore trunks and the women had their swimsuits, all of different style, design, and color. A beautiful set of people to pair with a beautiful background scenery.

And as the people enjoyed themselves, white light suddenly appeared out of nowhere and a circular gate was formed. From a foot to a whole person, people poured out of the gates one after another, all wearing surprised expressions on their faces.

"Waah~! So this is the sea~!" [Helen]

"Amazing... It's so vast and beautiful..." [Tilda]

"Waah~! So much water!" [Galvin]

Faces full of excitement beamed all over the place as everyone watched the vast sea of blueness before them. The turning waves, the washing foams, the shifting sands, and the sparkling waters. Each and everything was beautiful.

"Incredible... To think we really arrived on the sea in just a couple seconds... I know it's real, but it still doesn't feel like it." [Ross]

"Grey... Just what sort of sorcery is this?" [Gerd]

"Hahaha. Just a little trick, nothing much to worry about." [Grey]

Said Grey with a nonchalant expression on his face, but the same couldn't be said for the others. They tried to comprehend what just happened, but instead of an answer, what they got was a headache. In the end, they just decided to give up thinking too hard about it.

Well, it wasn't the first time Grey had seen such a reaction. When he transported the Landevars, the Royal Family, and even those from Lista. Though there were a variety of expressions, all showed traces of surprise. Only the kids were excited.

At first, Grey was hesitant to use it, but after thinking long and hard about it, he finally decided to reveal it to the others. It wasn't like he was being careless. It's just that revealing it would leave more room for choices when emergencies come, not needing to explain it to others anymore.

Of course, it doesn't mean he'll just needlessly reveal it to anyone. Only to those he and Yuna deems trustworthy. And with his "Judgement" with him, it was a relatively easy task. A single glance is all he needs.

"Oh, Grey, you brought more people, huh?" [Ernes]

"Yeah, and thankfully. They're the last ones. With this, we should be able to start the events without further ado." [Grey]

"Oh! Good! Good! Finally, we could have some fun! Hahaha!" [Ernes]

The King laughed as he patted Grey on the back, but the same couldn't be said for two certain figures amongst the crowd. As he saw the man before him, Cedric and Elnart couldn't help but freeze in disbelief, eyes filled with disbelief.

As for the others, they didn't know who Grey was talking to, only seeing a handsome man in his forties and in trunks before them. And before long, the King finally took notice of them, their eyes perking up in response.

"Oh! Sorry for the late introduction, I'm Gerd, this is my wife Selia, and my daughter, Helen. It's a pleasure to meet you." [Gerd]

"Hello~! Nice to meet you~!" [Helen]

"Good morning. We'll be in your care." [Selia]

With Gerd in the lead, everyone introduced themselves to the King and the latter nodded attentively as they introduced themselves. The only one who skipped the introductions were the Aldridges. They are already quite acquainted, after all,