Chapter 317: The Champion's Secret

OOOHHHHH!! WAAHHHH!! WHOOOHOOOO!!

Loud cheers rocked the ground and sky, blissful smiles floating throughout the sea of people, kids and elderly alike yelling to the top of their lungs, their words lost in the whirlpool of noises, brewing louder and louder as the sun sank.

Under the seating area lay the waiting areas for the gladiators, only a few remaining as the day's end drew near. All waited patiently for their turn, going in and out as the matches ended one after another.

The highest ranking of gladiators received special treatment, of course, receiving a room of their own complete with living necessities and training equipment. Such was the privilege of the strong and mighty in the Grand Colosseum.

"Then, if Your Grace doesn't need anything else, I shall be taking my leave. May the rest of your day be pleasant and delightful."

Creak Thud Click Clack

A series of four distinct sounds echoed in the hallways as the door closed, footsteps following them soon after. A lone figure was left in the room, basking in the warm and golden sunlight, his white hair swaying gently by the whims of the wind.

There was a sword by his side, not a single chip to be seen on its beautiful blade. He raised his sword towards the light, brilliance enveloping the place as light fragmented and refracted, putting it back down soon after.

"Hmm... Was I just imagining things...?" [Deltran]

That figure was none other than the Champion of the Colosseums, now locked in a trance as he thought long and hard, the deathly silence ringing in his ears as he closed his eyes, recalling the fragments of the past.

He just won the match against Enak and the crowd was in an uproar, merry cheers and boisterous applause filling the air as the crowd lauded him, punching their closer fists towards the sky as they chanted his name over and over again.

His eyes soon swam towards the Royal Chamber which was usually void of people, strangely enough, now seating three figures. There he saw a familiar young man, gazing at him with a curious look on his face.

Deltran had felt the stares of many over the course of several years, yet it was the first time he felt such bottomless gaze as if the abyss was staring at him. It was as if the young man was measuring him, knowing all there was to know.

'Did he notice?... No... That's impossible...' [Deltran]

He thought again and again yet despite all the pondering he went through, he didn't get a definite answer. It was like he was waddling through muddy waters, trying to find an answer despite the truth veiled by a curtain of mud.

"Haah... What am I doing..." [Deltran]

Thinking too much would just make his head hurt, and so, he gave up on the topic before the day fell deeper. He soon stood up from his seat, the sound of several bones clacking echoing as he stretched his body.

With a wave of his hand, the sword vanished into thin air, a dim glow emanating from the ring on his finger. He marched towards the door, another series of clacks echoing as he opened it slowly, eyes indifferent as can be.

The sky was still bright but time was slowly ticking. With the sky slowly turning an amber hue, the Champion's footsteps echoed in the air. It was time to head back, locking the doors before storing the keys in his storage ring.

"Oh! Your Grace! That fight was very splendid!"

"As expected of Lord Deltran. You really triumph over everyone!"

"Lord Deltran, when is your next match going to be?"

Many a people greeted him, but he simply responded with a nod, a cold air looming over him. He just continued walking his lonely steps, until he was out of the Grand Colosseum, not minding the endless stares and gossip.