Chapter 328: The Asura!

The sun was high above the world, the sky blue as can be, clouds littering its every edge and corner. The blades of grass rustle in the meadow, the rivers continuing to flow, and the forests breathing in and out as sunlight graced its verdant canopies.

The world was peaceful and quiet, however, the same couldn't be said in the cities where people hustle and bustle. A certain venue in particular was especially lively, hollering cheers and thunderous applause echoing towards the heavens.

It was the final day of the Carnival of Swords, and so the conclusion was near. The semifinals of the Junior and Intermediate Divisions had just finished, and now, it was time for the Senior Division, the audience excited as can be.

"Fufufu! Someone sure looks excited." [Miranda]

"Hahaha, how could I not be? After all, next would be Yuna's match... I have high expectations for the one who defeated me." [Archen]

The King declared with a bright smile on his face, extending from ear to ear as he eagerly watched over the arena. His blood was bubbling from excitement, hands trembling ever so slightly as he tried to rein in himself from anticipation.

Inside the waiting area, it wasn't any less quiet. Three figures stood just behind the arena gates, a silver-haired elf sheathing her swords as she peeked at the scenery outside the waiting area, ready to lash out and cross swords with her enemy.

"Yuna, you must win, okay?! You must win for me! Don't let Lord Elian defeat you! Show him what you've got!" [Lisandra]

"Fufufu! Thank you, Lisa, though... Are you sure you aren't just cheering on me because Lord Elian is Lord Deltran's rival?" [Yuna]

"What?! How could Lord Elian be Lord Deltran's rival! Lord Deltran is clearly stronger than him! And by a long shot at that!" [Lisandra]

"Sure, sure, let's just go with that~!" [Yuna]

She was bawling her eyes out yesterday, but now, she was full of energy, puffing her cheeks as she argued with Yuna. She gave her one final and tight embrace for good luck, wishing all the best for her victory, a sweet smile afloat on her pretty face.

Letting go of Lisandra, Yuna's eyes then shifted to a certain black-haired youngster. She wanted another "good luck charm", but with Lisandra around, she couldn't just ask for something so embarrassing, eyes now filled with expectations.

'Really now... Haah... What am I gonna do with you...' [Grey]

Such a thought revolved around Grey's mind, sighing to himself as he looked at his beloved. With her looking like an abandoned puppy, how could he have the heart to ignore her. He soon extended his hand, patting her head ever so softly.

"Good luck, Yuna." [Grey]

His hand was warm and gentle, filled with a stream of affection and sincerity. It was not exactly what she thought of, but it wasn't any less comforting. Confidence and determination filled her heart, her lips breaking into a smile of satisfaction.

"Un! I'll do my best, so you better look forward to it!" [Yuna]

"That's the spirit, Yuna! Show that geezer what the Heroine of Oiros os made of! Beat him with everything you've got! Crush hiー" [Lisandra]

"Then, let's welcome our semifinalists! Lord Elian and Lady Yuna!!" [Terry]

Laughter and giggles in the air, the announcement rang loud and clear all over the Gran Colosseum, cutting the princess off and a wave of deafening cheers followed after it. It was finally time for the fuel, the audience chanting their names.