Chapter 274: The Girls' Day Out (pt. I)

The smell of barbecue wafted through the air as the sun's rays graced the ever so colorful city. Music and excitement bobbed up and down, a stream of people laughing left and right, the city bustling and hustling even more than usual.

The streets which were already colorful had gotten even brighter and beautiful, a myriad of bandanas hanging off the strings as banners fluttered in the air. More and more festive trinkets chimed ever so softly as the breeze danced past them.

"Iris, Violet, which would suit Grey better? This one or this one?" [Yuna]

"Hmm... I think the left one is better...?" [Iris]

"Eh?! Shouldn't it be the right one? I think it would suit Older Brother Grey's coolness! It matches the color of his eyes, too!" [Violet]

In such a busy crowd, three familiar figures went about with large smiles on their beautiful faces, now stopping by a small stall to buy beautiful souvenirs for everyone. Yuna had already chosen everyone else's, and now, only her beloved is left.

It has been a day since she and Grey went to find the Scarletheart Chrysanthemum, and for reasons unknown to her, Grey had gone on a solo quest again, adamant that she doesn't join him. He left so quickly, Yuna couldn't even say goodbye.

It was quite disheartening, but thankfully, Iris and Violet were there with her. With so much free time in their hands, they decided to go about the place, explore as much as they could, and simply enjoy the experience as much as they can.

"Okay, let's just buy both of them!" [Yuna]

Though, ever since they started their little exploration, they always reached the same conclusion, buying all choices when they can't decide. It wasn't the first one, in fact, Yuna had bought so much, she already lost track of how much she bought.

Yuna quickly grabbed some coins from her storage ring, paid the stall owner, and received her souvenirs with such a bright smile on her face. At this point, with how many she bought, one would think she's making a collection of every souvenir available in Erdea.

"Okay, let's go to another one~!" [Yuna]

"Yes~!" [Violet]

Their momentum didn't stop. After buying some items from the stall, they went to another one and brought some more. There were simply too many beautiful things to see all over the city, they couldn't help but keep on buying.

Especially Yuna. Just thinking about how everyone would react once she gave them their souvenirs, she could already feel so much happiness and excitement, her ears flapping up and down with glee. She was so happy, she has yet to realize she is already going overboard.

"Oh, right, Iris, aren't you going to buy some souvenirs for your family too?" [Yuna]

"Souvenirs.... I wonder if they would be happy if I did..." [Iris]

"Fufufu! You worry too much, Iris. I'm sure they'll likeー No, I'm sure they'll love them! His Majesty might even make it a national treasure, you know?" [Yuna]

"Mmn... I think making it a national treasure is going too far..." [Iris]

Or so she says, but with the King's personality as it is, it was very much a possibility. Especially with the doting princes along his side. There's no telling what such idiots would do, one could only imagine.

Iris didn't even have to think so long to reach such a conclusion. She knew full well just how much her father and brothers pamper her that she felt a little conflicted. It really makes one wonder how they were related.