Chapter 233: Treats of the Past

Fresh and cool breeze wafted throughout the whole forest, greeting the morning sun. The rivers and mountains are once again awoken by the sunlight, the blanket of the night slowly being unveiled.

Chatter Chatter Chatter

It was still so early, but the village was already busy and bustling. The farmers held their hoes and plows, the warriors wielded their blades and shields, and the foragers grabbed their baskets and pouches, heading out to the forest.

And it wasn't just the adults, the children had also awoken to start their day. Some were still drinking milk to warm up their bodies while the others were already running around the village, poking beetles and plants to satisfy their curiosity.

Such was the scenery which greeted the still sleepy Yuna as she looked outside the window. It was a warm and peaceful morning, the villagers waving their hands at her as they passed by the house, waving her hand back.

"Mmngh... It's morning already...?" [Grey]

Soon after, Grey had also woken up from the noise, only to see his dearest Yuna standing by the window, her hair swaying in the air as the cold breeze blew. A figure which came close to him as soon as she noticed his gaze.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." [Yuna]

"Yeah... Morning..." [Grey]

"Fufufu! You really are defenseless when you wake up, aren't you?" [Yuna]

Said Yuna, giggling at the end before giving Grey a kiss on the cheek, soon followed by a tight hug as she snuggled close to him, once again listening to the sound of his heartbeats. It was her usual morning greeting,

After yesterday's events, Grey and Yuna returned to the village already late at night. And since they couldn't simply go back to Lista when an emergency could happen at any time, they decided to stay the night, the Great Chief lending them a good house for them to use.

And as one would expect in a rural area surrounded by mountains and forests, the night breeze was quite cold. Top it with a warm and comfortable bed, and it was the perfect recipe for a good night's sleep.

"Right, Yuna, can I see your storage ring?" [Grey]

"My storage ring? Sure, why not." [Yuna]

"Thanks." [Grey]

There was no hesitation in Yuna's heart as she handed the ring to Grey. As soon as she did, the latter then quickly inspected what were the contents of it. And, oh boy, was he surprised by what he saw?

Grey had already expected there to be a lot of fruits and herbs inside, but seeing it with his own eyes, he could only be dumbfounded. The amount Yuna collected could fill large warehouses a couple times over. He had underestimated her once again, a wry smile appearing on his face.

"Grey, is something wrong?" [Yuna]

"No, just a little surprised is all... Anyway, I'll be taking out the ones which could rot in here, alright? It'll store them in the 'Inventory'." [Grey]

"Un, sure! Ah! But make sure to leave some of the magic plants, okay? I want to make something with them when the time comes." [Yuna]

"Alright. I'll do just that." [Grey]

Grey didn't waste any more time. As soon as he got Yuna's permission, she quickly took out loads upon loads of items from the storage ring and transferred it over to his "Inventory", still a little surprised by the amount.

The item transfer was soon completed and having laid down for long enough, Grey and Yuna then got out of the bed, fixed themselves, and changed to their casual clothes, soon heading out of the bedroom and into the living room,