Chapter 269: The Guild of Flowers

"We wish you luck on your ventures, Your Highnesses." [Gerald]

"Please have a safe trip~." [Cynthia]

The sun was still low on the sky yet goodbyes were already waved in the air. Three figures walked proudly towards the gates, skipping their steps and chatting merrily as they looked forwards to what lies before them.

It has been a few days since they arrived in Erdea, and having stayed there for some time, they have gotten used to the life there. Even then, the liveliness of the town was still quite a sight to behold. Everyday is an experience full of wonders.

"Mmn... I knew that Iris in a dress looks pretty, but to think even more bold and adventurous styles would also suit you well. You look amazing, Iris!" [Yuna]

"Yuna's right. It really does suit you." [Grey]

"T-Thank you. A-And, I'll do my best today so as to not inconvenience you!" [Iris]

"Fufufu! It's okay as long as Iris has a lot of fun!" [Yuna]

And today, they are now heading to the Adventurers' Guild. After all, one wouldn't be able to experience the whole package if they also don't take a little bit of adventuring, seeing what lies beyond the walls and how different things are between lands.

Of course, one wouldn't be able to go adventuring on a dress. Right now, unlike her usual style, Iris is wearing a long-sleeved blouse, jeans, and high boots, an attire that is easy to move in yet still comfortable, feeling the fresh wind caress her skin.

"Hurry up! Hurry up! We're going to be late for practice!"

"Move it a little to the right, and... Stop! Stop! That's perfect!"

"Do you think this would be enough? It seems a little lacking."

Also, with the Festival of hearts drawing near, the city only got busier with each and every day. Now, people are starting to decorate the streets and shops, people now practicing for their performance during the festival.

Even then, no matter how busy they were, the children still went on and snout all over the streets, playing happily and asking curiously about every little thing they saw. It was quite the wondrous and heartwarming sight to see.

"Waah... It's a harpy... This is the first time I've ever seen one..." [Iris]

"Fufufu! Me too! They look beautiful, don't they?" [Yuna]

"Yes! Their feathers look so glossy and amazing!" [Iris]

Of course, as the Festival of Hearts is a once-in-nine-years continental event, all sorts of races from all sorts of places have started to arrive in Erdea. There weren't just harpies, there were undines, saureids, dwarves, and many more. All the seven races were present in the city.

The city which was already lively had gotten even livelier. Even now, as they walk through the crowd, more and more people are arriving by the gates. Each day, a couple thousand enter the city, the population getting higher and higher everyday.

Well, population is not the only thing which is changing. With each and every day, Grey's skills have also improved. For the sake of forging the best engagement ring there is, he has been smithing day in and day out, only taking a break in order to spend time with Yuna.

And as he forged countless rings, he also forged some equipment to spark some inspiration. And after endless forging, he finally reached Tier-8 in blacksmithing! It was a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one at that.

'Haah... I've been forging day and night, but I wonder if there's something wrong with me... It still hasn't disappeared...' [Grey]

Well, Grey's skills weren't the only one increasing... So are his desires. He's been trying to smith to clear away all the impure thoughts he had, but rather than that, it seems to have only made things worse.