Chapter 241: Antoinette

"Hehe... Hehehe... Stop... Tickleshh... Hehe..." [Natalia]

A sweet and harmonious melody. The soft giggles of a child as she cuddled with six furballs danced in the air, warmth and excitement floated adrift the place as bright smiles illuminated the ever so colorful gardens.

A couple figures looked at such a sight with satisfied smiles blooming on their faces, hearts filled with warmth and happiness as they watched the Little Princess stumble and fall as the familiars played with her.

"Fufufu! After all, a smiling face suits the Little Princess the most!" [Yuna]

"My, I couldn't agree any more. Our Natalia is the cutest after all." [Talia]

Yuna commented and the Queen responded. Both were happily enjoying the joyous and heartwarming sight before them. It was very peaceful, the rustling of the leaves and flowers clearly resounding in the air.

The King was dragged away by the Prime Minister for work, both the Crown Prince and Crown Princess were performing their duties, Iris was now studying, and Julius had gone out with Amelia. It was the most peaceful the garden has been.

'It sure is quiet... I wonder why...' [Grey]

Pondered Grey as he watched over the Little Princess. Even with the aforementioned reasons, it was still uncharacteristically quiet. Grey couldn't help but be bothered as if something was wrong, tilting his head left and right as he tried to figure out what it was.

'Ah... So that's why...' [Grey]

It was only when he finally remembered a certain figure that he finally understood why it was unusually quiet. Surely, without her, the palace was calm and tranquil, void of any disturbances. That very figure was none other than the hyperactive and mischievous Vanessa!

For some reason, Vanessa would always find them whenever they get inside the Royal Castle, and bother them like there was no tomorrow, stringing them along her whims. Now that she wasn't present, it really seemed like it was another world.

But rather than relief, what Grey felt was ominousness that she wasn't there. Even when he checked with his "Heaven's Eye", she wasn't in the castle grounds. Now, it was especially worrying.

"By the way, Your Majesty, where's Big Sis Vanessa? I don't see her around. Did something happen?" [Grey]

"Vanessa...? I wonder too... I also haven't seen her in a while..." [Talia]

"Hm? Big Sis Vanessa? Did something happen to her?" [Yuna]

"No, that's not it. I was just curious why she isn't around. She'd usually be here already, after all." [Grey]

"That's true..." [Yuna]

There was no denial on Yuna's part. After all, Vanessa really was just something else. Other than being a powerful Lieutenant General, she was also infamous in the castle for being a troublemaker. They could only think what kind of shenanigans she is up to.

Well, there was also the fact that Grey and Yuna needed to invite them as well, along with Elise, Elaine, and Amelia's families in the Royal Capital. A little more and the list would finally be complete. It was a much needed question to be answered.

"Oh? Your Highnesses are here as well?" [Edward]

And as if the heaven's were blessing them with an answer, the General showed up in front of them, bringing a number of documents in his hands. He bowed politely as usual, greeting everyone with great respect.

"Good day, Edward." [Talia]

"A wonderful day as well, Your Majesty. Is His Majesty not around?" [Edward]