Chapter 288: The Festival of Hearts (pt. III)

""Ehh??!"" [Grey and Yuna]

A pair of loud exclaims echoed throughout the crowd, two figures filled with shock and surprise, their eyes locked at the Azure Sword Emperor, mouths wide open in agape. The latter who was still smiling ever so brightly.

Well, it wasn't just them, everyone else, even the members of the Imperial Family were also quite surprised by his proposition. They have always known their ancestor was the reserved type. They didn't think he would be the one to extend the invitation.

"Your Majesty, you must be joking, right?" [Grey]

"Hahaha, is that how it seems? I'm not as reserved as people think I am. Have you forgotten? Though it was already in the past, I was also an adventurer. It is a part of me to seek out and fight strong opponents." [Richter]

Reasoned Richter, everyone put in deep thought soon after. It wasn't like no one could understand what he meant. Them, as knights and adventurers themselves, they knew full well the feeling of wanting to challenge strong opponents.

The problem here was the gap in power between the two parties. By combat power alone, Richter was more than a dozen times stronger than Grey and over 70 times stronger than Yuna. It was simply too overwhelming.

Even if Grey and Yuna were to team up and considering the Divine-Grade equipment on them, winning would still be quite difficult, chances close to impossible. Even with the familiars, their chances would only improve slightly.

"So, what do you think Lordー No, Adventurers Grey and Yuna?" [Richter]

Yet despite how unfavorable the fight was towards them, Grey and Yuna couldn't just decline Richter's offer. Instead, the adventurer blood inside them started to boil with excitement, smiles soon blooming on their faces.

"What do you think, Yuna?" [Grey]

"Fufufu! Is there even a need to ask? Let's do it!" [Yuna]

"Alright... We accept the challenge, Your Majesty." [Grey]

"Hahaha. I'm looking forward to our duel, Lord Grey, Lady Yuna." [Richter]

There was no need to think too much, both parties agreeing on the duel. Before long, their request for duel was handed towards the facilitators, the latter's eyes popping out of their sockets as soon as they saw who would be dueling.

Though they tried to contain it to themselves, the rumors still spread like wildfire after an accidental slip of the tongue. People soon gathered from all over the place, faces full of curiosity and excitement as soon as they heard the news.

"Oh, dear... It seems that we've caused quite the commotion..." [Richter]

Or so he says, but such words were but a mere understatement. Even then, neither of the three really paid much attention to it. They'll only be staying in Erdea for a short while. They wanted to go all out at least once.

Time passed some more, and after a couple more duels, it was finally time for their match. They then went up the stage, all eyes on them as they went to their respective sides, itching to engage in battle as soon as possible.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! The unexpected moment we've been waiting for!... On the left side we have the Azure Sword Emperor, His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Richter!!"

The Azure Sword Emperor's name rang in the air and a loud uproar followed soon after, people exclaiming in disbelief and excitement as they witnessed a legendary figure stand before them.

"And on the opposing side, we have the superstar adventurers! The Heroes of Alfrione! Their Venerable Highnesses, Archduke Grey and Archduchess Yuna!!"

The announcer cried out once more, a much louder cheer following suit. They weren't as popular as the former, but their names have spread all throughout the continent as heroes of three countries. Everyone was excited to see the fabled heroes perform.