Chapter 296: Terrible Thieves

Click Click Click Click

Three figures roamed about in the middle of the night, climbing walls, opening gates, and sneaking in like stray cats. A series of clicks filled the air as they picked the lock, trying to be as silent as possible, listening to every sound echoing in the starry night.

Whilst one picked the lock, the others stayed on guard, eyes swimming left and right, watching every movement that transpired. They were being vigilant, smiles soon forming on their faces as they smelled the sweet scent of money.

"Hey, are you not done yet?!"

"Just a moment, Boss! These ones er really tough!"

Shouting whilst whispering at the same time, the thieves talked to one another. The leader tried to urge one of his henchmen to hurry up, patience running out after a few minutes of waiting, wanting to get ahold of whatever was inside the house.

The three figures consist of a large man who was formerly an adventurer, a thin man who looked like there were only bones and skin left on his body, and an alchemist who was also the leader of the terrible trio.

Click Click Clack

A couple more twisting around later, the doors finally unlocked. Mischievous smiles bloomed on everyone's faces as they slowly opened it, heading inside soon after, trying to create as less noise as possible as they snuck inside.

Though dark, what greeted them inside was a luxurious array of decorations with various pieces of art here and there, even the couches and tables looked expensive. They don't know the real price of them yet, but they could estimate that they cost at least thousands of kiels.

Of course, with furniture already expensive as such, it would only be natural to assume that their jewelry will be much more precious. They could already imagine the money rolling in the moment they sell such valuables.

"Ohh! They really are loaded, Boss!"

"Boss! I'll be havin this one, aight?"

"Shut up, you nitwits! Do you want us to get caught?!"

The minions got a little too excited, and their boss scolded them. They soon got back on track, scouting the place once again and looking for the most valuable object they could take and sell. They wouldn't be able to get away with a couch, after all.

After their succeeding robberies, they have also found a storage ring, but it was one which could only store less than a cubic meter of space. They'll have to make do with what they have and make sure to make the most of it.

"Alright, I'll head towards the other rooms. You two, look at the kitchen, the dining room, and the living room."

"Alright, Boss!"

"Got it, Boss!"

Before long, the three finally parted and went their own ways. Their leader checked on the other rooms on the first floor from the bathroom all the way to the laboratory, and everything in between. Meanwhile, the other two followed his commands and started their little search as well.

Unfortunately for them, there was barely anything on the first floor. They were some expensive-looking things but they were mostly large and heavy furniture, something which would be more trouble than they're worth.

If there was anything worth their time, it would be the kitchen utensils which already looked high class at first glance. There were also some magic tools by the living room which they didn't miss out on and collected as quickly as they could.

They scoured the whole first floor, even looking at the garden and the shed to see if there was anything they could add to their loot. To their surprise, there were some expensive looking things in Grey's workshop.