Chapter 348: Haunted Forest...? (pt. II)

KHIEEEKKK GURRUUUKKK URRRKKKKK

Loud and pained groans echoed all throughout the forest, loud thuds resounding in the air as large bodies fell to the ground. The sight of broken trees and shattered boulders scattered all over the place unfolded in the verdant forest.

A young maiden leaped in the air, her silver hair flowing like the gentle creeks in the forest. A platinum glimmer gleamed as she brandished her daggers, a spray of blood gushing out as the blades diced the opponents to pieces, dyeing the ground red.

Yet despite their kin getting decimated, the high orcs didn't stop nor falter, recklessly charging towards the young lady. However, before they could even take a step closer to her, another figure appeared in front of them, his eyes glowing a deadly sheen.

《Magnum Caliber》 [Grey]

His voice rang out in the air, followed by the howling of the winds. As he threw his punch, shockwaves ruptured the air and the body of the high orc before him, boring a massive hole through its body and blasting the remains away.

Four more echoes connected after the first, blasting the rest away into smithereens. Their blood scattered all over the place, a merciless massacre unfolding before the forest's eyes, not a single one of the orcs spared.

Some were stunned by the sight, falling silent and frozen at the demise of their kin. The very next moment, they felt a raging hatred and hostility boiling deep inside their hearts, their eyes glowing a fierce red colorー Though, not for long.

《Icicle Shotgun》  [Yuna]

The temperature dropped along the echoing of the cold and icy voice. A dozen lances of white and blue forming out of thin air. The young lady stretched her palms and looked at the monsters before her, a deadly blue glint shining in her eyes.

She pressed her palms and the lances of ice shot out like a volley of torpedoes, darting at the enemies at breakneck speeds and piercing them without resistance. They were all swallowed by the endless frost, falling to the ground at their last breaths.

Soon, their bodies glowed a gentle color, turning into masses of light. As the sound of glass breaking echoed in the air, their bodies shattered into tiny fragments of light, only leaving behind a handful of items. The battle was over.

"Whew~! That was a good warmup, wasn't it?" [Yuna]

"A warm up, you say... Didn't you also say that in the previous one?" [Grey]

"Ehh~? That's because they're all so weak! I can barely use my abilities here! The fights in the Labyrinths are far more exciting!" [Yuna]

"Well, it's the Labyrinths, after all... It would be quite alarming if we suddenly see Calamity-Class monsters roaming around the surface." [Grey]

"Mmn... I guess you're right..." [Yuna]

Grey and Yuna are still on their quest to investigate the eastern forest, and it has been about an hour since they started the quest. With Grey's eyes, they have already scanned the entirety of the forest, every nook and cranny engraved to his memory.

Yet despite all that, there was still no progress in their search. They have already checked countless times and also scoured the forest up close, but they still couldn't see any signs of the so-called "playful ghosts".

If there was something interesting, it was that they found a nice trove of herbs along the way, with Yuna squealing excitedly as she collected them. Other than that, the forest was plain old normal with not even a challenge from the monsters.

"Right, Grey, have you found anything yet?" [Yuna]

"No, not yet... I don't even see any undead monsters around here, much less a ghost. Was it really just a rumor?" [Grey]