Chapter 319: Signing Up

"Oi. Looking pretty neat today. Where'd you buy this new sword from?"

"Just got it at Kano's. Thought I'd brush up my style today."

"Hey~! I've been waiting for you! Over here~!"

Noise, noise, and even more noise. There was bustling and chattering adrift in the air, people of all races and ages gathering at a single place, equipped with swords on their backs and hips, traces of excitement to be seen everywhere.

Several lengthy lines stretched like slithering serpents, hundreds upon hundreds of people, flames of passion and eagerness burning bright deep inside their hearts. The sun graced them with warmth as they moved along ever so slowly.

Amongst them, a number of figures stood out, drawing curious eyes upon them even when they were just standing still. Be it beauty, strength, or pizazz, they stood out quite much compared to others.

"Whew~! I didn't expect there to be this many. It's good tha we arrived here early. I don't want to get stuck here during noon." [Grey]

"That's right... I don't want to miss lunch as well." [Yuna]

"Yuna... I was talking about how hot it will be... No, never mind..." [Grey]

Of course, amongst those who stood out were Grey, Yuna, and Lisandra. Not only were they famous, they are also well respected because of their fears. Especially the way they trashed their challengers, it had become the talk of the town.

It had been a few days since Grey and Yuna defeated swordsmen after swordsmen, and the big event was just a single day away. The registration had already opened and it was time for the three of them to put their names down.

As to be expected from the King's announcement, the number of people had risen significantly, many of the younger generations appearing more often to sign up for the Junior and Intermediate division, all raring to go.

"Are you still nervous, Lisa?" [Grey]

"Yes... It's you two who are amazing... You look so calm and carefree despite this being your first time signing up..." [Lisandra]

"Fufufu! We've experienced all sorts of things, after all. It would take a True Dragon for us ro be shaken up." [Yuna]

"Urgh... Please don't say something so ominous..." [Lisandra]

One of the aspiring participants of the Intermediate Division was the Princess. She is 17 years old, just a couple months younger than Yuna and was also a Mid-Ranker. It would be of surprise if she passes the preliminaries without much difficulty.

The way the Carnival of Swords work, the aspiring participants would sign up during the registration period and undergo a trial, one simple yet also challenging at the same time. Only those who rank in the top 32 would be able to move on.

However, even when she is lauded as a genius in the Royal Academy, Lisandra still couldn't help but be anxious about the results, it was the first time she's signing up and she was trembling ever so subtly, hands cold and shaky.

After all, although she fits the criteria, Lisandra was still amongst the younger end of the spectrum in the Intermediate Division. There would be people far more powerful and experienced than her. The preliminaries were already difficult.

"You're worrying too much, Lisa. Everything's going to be alright." [Yuna]

"Uuu... I don't know... There's many powerfulー" [Lisandra]

"You trained with us, remember?" [Yuna]

"... Ah, right..." [Lisandra]

They were only a few words, but they had a significant impact on Lisandra's will. A fountain or confidence sprung inside her heart as Yuna's smile bloomed bright. Her hands now calm, a sense of tranquility showing in her eyes.