Chapter 223: Troubled Waters (pt. I)

The sea was peaceful. Only blue and even more blue to be seen. A couple ships were floating atop such blue waters, the seagulls perching on top of the mast as they cawked around and stretched their wings.

They tilted their heads, observing the fishes swim with their little eyes. Soon enough, they spotted their targets and they stretched out their wings once more. A small gust of wind blew as the seagulls flew, soon stooping down and diving toward the water.

Splash Splash Splash

Splashes echoed time and time again as the seagulls dove headfirst towards the waters. They were like fired arrows, darting through the blue sea and grabbing small fishes by their long beaks. It was a busy day for them.

Well, it wasn't just the seagulls. The fishermen were even busier, moving barrel after barrel and drawing back the cast out nets. Everyone walked back and forth the deck, repeating the same pattern over and over again, all the while chatting merrily.

"Alright, are the barrels all secured?" [Jack]

"Yes, Captain! We made sure everything's all tied up!"

"How about the nets and ropes?' [Jack]

"They've also been taken care of."

It was almost noon, and with it was the time for the final check. With the main deck almost void of fishes and sea creatures, Jack made sure everything is the way it's supposed to be, not missing out on a single detail.

It didn't take long before everything was finally accounted for. So far, there wasn't a single problem in the ship. If anything, they surpassed their quota for the day by a large margin. With it, a celebration is sure to ensue once they get back in town.

"Alright, pull the anchors! We're heading baー huh...?" [Jack]

Jack couldn't finish his words. In the corner of his eyes, he saw something unusual over the horizon. Unusual waves were coming their way, going against the others and growing bigger and bigger as they got closer.

"Is something wrong, Captain Jack?" [Vilma]

"Ah, Your Excellency... It's just... I think there's something over,., hmm..." [Jack]

Jack squinted his eyes much more, and focused with all his might. The closer the unusual wave came, the clearer the view became. It wasn't long before Jack finally figured things out, cold chills running down his spine as his face turned pale.

"R... Ring the bells! Beasts are coming! Ring the bells!" [Jack]

"W-What?! Beasts?!"

"Hey! Ring the bells! Hurry!"

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap

Chaos quickly ensued at Jack's words, and before they knew it, people were running around the place like crazy, their faces resembling Jacks, as they turned pale, hearts racing wildly like a hovering hummingbird.

Some grabbed weapons, some headed to the ice storage, and some made sure to prepare the supplies. At the same time, the anchors were quickly raised with all their strengths. Jack then headed towards the steering wheel, preparing to escape the beasts and get away safely with everyone.

There were only two people amongst the crowd who had totally different expressions, remaining calm despite the threat they are currently facing. They were, of course, none other than Grey and Yuna, ready to engage in battle at any given moment,

『Master, Mistress. On behalf of everyone, I sincerely apologize for our ineptitude... Master, we failed you.』 [Sirius]

『Hahaha. What are you talking about? Everyone makes a mistake or two from time to time. There's no need to be so discouraged.』 [Grey]