Chapter 342: Peace After the Labyrinth

Clang Clang Clang Clang

Swords were swung and swords were thrusted. Knights retreated and advanced as they brandished their trusty blades, swinging them high and lunging at insane speeds, blurring past the eyes of the beholder as they danced around.

It was yet another lovely day, and the sun was hovering high over Avalon. The Royal Capital is lively as ever, the people working like busy bees and the children running around like little balls of energy, skipping their steps as they smiled with glee.

The Royal Castle was no different, the maids doing their work, the officials reviewing  and signing the paperworks, and the knights honing their skills with the sword as they sparred with one another, a series of clangs resounding in the air.

Cling Cling Cling Clink

Sunlight seeped through a certain window, a fine young man pouring warm milk over a cup filled with chocolate. He stirred the teaspoon gently, a couple clings and clinks resounding in the air as the aroma of hot chocolate wafted throughout the room.

He added a bit of sugar and finished stirring. He then placed the cup of chocolate on a cupboard and placed it right next to some french toast, paired with a couple eggs, sausages, and some thin slices of beef. A not-so-light breakfast.

Clop Clop Clop Clop

His footsteps resounded in the air and he watched outside the window once more, watching the flowers bloom and the knights practice. A couple more steps echoed, followed by a flap and the curtains were opened, sunlight then seeping through.

"Mmng... Mmn... Nngh..." [Yuna]

The gentle sunlight caressed the sleeping face of a beautiful young lady, greeting her softly and the fragrant winds blew from the garden. The young lady soon opened her eyes, unveiling a pair of orbs bluer than the morning sky.

She slowly got up and stretched her hands, rubbing her eyes soon after. She was still groggy, her head in the clouds and her eyes barely opened. She then glanced at the window, tilting her head towards the left as she gazed at the young man before her.

The young man in question couldn't help but chuckle at the sight, his heart filled with happiness as he adored the sleepy yet adorable creature before him. Light finally shimmered in the eyes of the young lady, a smile blooming on her face.

"Mmn... Good morning, Grey." [Yuna]

"Morning, sleepyhead. Did you sleep well?" [Grey]

"Mmn... It was the best sleep in a while... The bed is so soft." [Yuna]

Said Yuna as she lay back down on the bed, gabbing a pillow and hugging it tightly. She mumbled to herself, acting like a little puppy who doesn't want to let go. Her ears flapped up and down as she enjoyed such a delight.

It has been a long time since she slept so comfortably without the sound of monsters growling and shrieking ringing in ears, and she could confidently say she enjoyed it. So much so, she slept like a log, and she wants to go back to sleep again.

"Hey now, don't go back to sleep. We still have a good day ahead of us." [Grey]

"Ehh... I don't wanna... I just want to laze around... Grey, aren't you too harsh on me? I'm your fiancée, you know... Can't you spoil me more?" [Yuna]

"I'm already spoiling you enough, so stop acting up. In fact, I think I'm spoiling you too much... Should I cut down your sugar allowance again?" [Grey]

"Uuu... You use that card too much... You bully..." [Yuna]

Yuna puffed her cheeks as she pouted, and Grey took the cupboard towards the bed, bringing Yuna a wonderful breakfast. It was not nearly enough her usual consumption but it was more than enough to get the day started.