Chapter 258: The Elves, Hanging Out

Chatter Chatter Chatter

The sun was high on the sky and the third bell had just rang loudly. Lunch had arrived and the town was busier than ever, people flocking to stalls and inns as they tried to sate their rumbling stomachs with all sorts of delicious goodness.

Skewers, sandwiches, stew, wieners, vegetable soups, and many more. A harmony of different appetizing fragrances danced throughout the whole city as thin pillars of smoke rose from the stalls and kitchen, the taste of food in the air.

The central market was especially busy. With the amount of wonderful stalls and stores present there, there was an equally amazing amount of people gathering, all wearing large, bright smiles on their faces as they savored the flavors rushing in their mouths, chugging beverages at the same time.

"It sure is crowded, huh..." [Yuna]

"Mmn... I wonder if we can still find a spot for ourselves..." [Aria]

And amongst such a busy crowd were two elves of gold and silver, eyes blue like the deep ocean. They were great beauties as well, garnering attention as they walked around the streets, yet unfazed by such stares.

"Ah! There's some empty spot... over... there..." [Aria]

Aria pointed in a certain direction, but before she could even her words, her voices quickly started to die down as the spot she pointed at was suddenly occupied by a party of hungry people. She was out of luck.

"Ah... It got taken over..." [Aria]

"Don't be too sad, Miss Aria. We can just eat as we shop around. I think it's fun in its own way, right?" [Yuna]

"Fufufu. You're right. Shall we get started then?" [Aria]

"Un! Let's go shopping~!" [Yuna]

There was no time to feel down. If they were out of luck, they can simply go another route and enjoy their meal as they take a stroll. Bright smiles were blooming on their faces as they headed from stall to stall, ordering what they fancied.

From meat dishes all the way to desserts, Yuna and Aria hopped from place to place, trying out their specialties and enjoying their time to the fullest. Yuna was especially
happy, eyes sparkling brightly as she got to taste new dishes Aria introduced to her.

And as one would expect from the two, they received freebies here and there. Not only are they known as heroes, they were also great beauties. Both men and women alike are ensnared by their gorgeousness.

So much freebies, in fact, that Yuna was now carrying dozens upon dozens of food they bought from the stalls. It was actually pretty amazing how she could hold so much food in her arms without much difficulty. She was a pro.

"We've known each other for more than a year already, but no matter how many times I see it... You really are amazing, huh, Yuna..." [Aria]

"Mou... I'm still growing, you know..." [Yuna]

Or so she says, but not even people in puberty could consume as much as she could. She was grumbling and puffing her cheeks, all the while chewing on the skewers, a delighted expression soon blooming on her face.

"And, Miss Aria, I wasn't always like this. I ate the normal amount other people did, or rather, I didn't even eat that much." [Yuna]

"Eh~? That's interesting... So, what happened?" [Aria]

"Well, that's... I met Grey..." [Yuna]

"Ah..." [Aria]

There is no need for further explanation. It may have been short, but Aria had seen first hand how Grey and Yuna lived their daily lives. She knew full well how overprotective Grey was. He wasn't one to let Yuna go if she doesn't eat a proper amount.