Chapter 285: The Royal Roster

Pointy ears, long, straight hair, slender figures, beautiful faces, and eyes which shone like the trickling streams under the gentle sunlight. A number of figures stood proudly in the garden, looking perfect and picturesque with the flowering garden behind them.

One figure in particular stood out amongst the rest, his ash-colored hair waving in the air as her lime eyes gleamed beautifully. Even when he was simply standing there, he exuded an aura of grace and dignity one couldn't find elsewhere.

"Elrich, Lisania, it's been quite some time." [Ernes]

"Quite some time indeed, Ernes. And as it seems, your children really have grown quite a lot, haven't they?" [Elrich]

"Well, it has been years, after all. I even have a granddaughter now." [Ernes]

Chatting like long time friends, both the King and the elven gentleman greeted each other with warm smiles. And along them, the Queen also greeted the lady besides the gentleman, waving their hands the moment they noticed each other.

"You aren't here to cause any troubles again, are you?" [Elrich]

"Come on now, Elrich, people grow from their mistakes. Don't expect me to be as naive and mischievous as before." [Ernes]

"Dear, you really shouldn't be lying like that. There are children listening." [Tilia]

And along their friendly chat, the two men also recalled the past, making fun of each other as they recalled all the mischief and misfortunes they have been through. The King felt especially attacked as everyone ganged up on him, recalling all the troubles he created the last time.

Even the Queen was on the other party's side, not even trying to act merciful to her own husband. The King tried to defend himself, but against three opponents, it was simply futile. He was simply digging his own grave.

"Guh... You really haven't changed, Elrich." [Ernes]

"Hahaha. I could say the same thing about you, Ernes... It's good to see you again, my dear friend." [Elrich]

"The feeling is mutual." [Ernes]

Yet despite all the teasing and mockery against each other, their conversation ended with a friendly handshake, soft and gentle smiles floating about their faces. Well, not only them but everyone else was the same.

After his short exchange with the King, the elven gentleman then turned his attention towards Grey and Yuna. The smile on his face grew even brighter as he drew closer towards their direction, his beautiful eyes gleaming magnificently with every stride.

He has yet to introduce himself, but Grey could already know who he was. To be able to converse with a King in such a casual tone, it could either mean that they were close enough or that they were of the same status. In this case, it was the latter.

"You must be Lord Grey and Lady Yuna, I presume?" [Elrich]

"That is correct. And... It is a great honor to finally meet you, Your Majesty, King Elrich of Ingrasia." [Grey]

He was a King as well, and compared to King Ernes, he was a much more dignified figure, not just outwardly but inwardly as well. The way he carries himself was more prim and proper for a King, not a trace of mischief to be seen.

Hearing Grey's words, Yuna also followed suit and greeted the King of Ingrasia with a light nod. They were still an "Archduke" and "Archduchess", after all. There was no need to kneel like they did before, establishing an impression in their first meeting.

"Oh? I did not think I would be this popular. To think even the esteemed heroes know of myself. I feel honored." [Elrich]

"Please, you humor us too much, Your Majesty. There is no one who does not know of the wise and kind King of Ingrasia." [Grey]