Chapter 318: A Hardworking Princess

Whoosh Swish Splish Splash Splosh

A heavy downpour veiled the city, the howling winds running amok as they slammed the doors and windows. The leaves of green were drenched with rain, tiny raindrops trickling down their veins, acting little water spouts.

The breeze was cold, the day appearing gloomy as dark clouds swallowed the sun. Not a single ray of sunlight passed through, only the magic lights illuminating the city, the chimneys giving everyone warmth as the fire crackled in peace.

The Royal Castle was no different, the symphony of the rain echoing all over as the heavy rain continued to pour, the garden plants soaked and the ground muddy. The knights and soldiers roamed around, heavy footsteps ringing in the cold corridors.

In a room lit up with gentle light and filled with loving warmth, the flames danced gracefully and the raindrops applauded it. The curtains fluttered like the wings of a butterfly, two figures enjoying the comfort of the bedroom.

"Mmn~! Hot chocolate is the best!" [Yuna]

"Yuna... How many cups does that make?" [Grey]

"Three... Ah, wait, no, four! Four cups! They're just so delicious! Especially when it's raining. It makes me feel warm and cozy." [Yuna]

Said the young elf, swaying her legs up and down as she sat on the bedside. She held her cup with care, sipping on the warm chocolate and smiling soon after. There was nothing much better than a warm drink on a rainy day.

Meanwhile, her fiancé could only shake his head and sigh in resignation. While he loves to spoil her, there are times when he just wonders if he's spoiled her too much. Not that she can go against her adorable please anyways. He always loses.

"Haah... You didn't buy more sugar again, did you?" [Grey]

"N... No...?" [Yuna]

She replied, her eyes swimming away from her beloved. Grey didn't even have to use his "Judgement". It was clear as day that she was lying, hands trembling slightly and face clearly nervous, cold bullets of sweat trickling down her face.

When it was a serious situation, she could keep her cool and act accordingly, but when it was just the two of them, it was completely different. She couldn't even lie properly, only evading the question as much as she could. She was unfathomable.

"So, how many more bags did you buy? You do remember you can only have 10 bags monthly, don't you?" [Grey]

"Umm... Did we agree on that? I don't quite remember..." [Yuna]

"Oh, really now? Should we decrease your sugar limit even more? 10 bags are too much, after all... How about we settle for 5 bags?" [Grey]

"Uuu... Sorry..." [Yuna]

Yuna tried to skip lie way through, but Grey's defense was too high for such a tactic to work. Rather, she was the one who was driven to a corner, surrendering easily at the mention of decreasing her limits, tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

"So, just how many bags did you buy? Don't worry, I won't get angry." [Grey]

"Umm... I bought 15...?" [Yuna]

"15...? That's a lot less than I imaginedー" [Grey]

"Boxes... I bought 15 boxes worth of sugar." [Yuna]

It was too much, it was too over the top. Each box contains 24 bags of sugar, and she bought a whole 15 of them. He just left her yesterday with Lisandra and she already bought so much. She simply cannot be left alone.