Chapter 238: The Secrets of Torogi

Crowds upon crowds of people gathered in a single place, frozen in time and unable to voice out a single word. Some were shaking, some were in awe, while some were smiling. A variety of expressions plastered on their faces as they looked up at the sky.

The soft winds blew gently and the blades of grass swayed at their tune, a silver glimmer gracing their eyes. A platinum dragon descended before them, extending his wings like that of a mystical butterfly as his clear eyes sparkled like diamonds.

But perhaps the most eye-catching figures were the two youths riding on his back, unfazed by the howling winds. As soon as they were low enough, they both leaped towards the ground, landing softly as the winds cushioned them.

"Thank you for the ride, Arcturus." [Yuna]

"It has been my pleasure, Mistress... Please don't hesitate to call me whenever you need my assistance." [Arcturus]

As suddenly as he appeared, the platinum dragon, as if he was nothing more but a mere figment of one's imagination, vanished into thin air, only leaving behind small fragments of light as the leaves rustled softly. A sight which only begets wondering from the eye of the beholder.

Yet as if it was nothing out of the ordinary, Grey and Yuan simply waved their hands goodbye to Arcturus who had now gone back to her post. It was only when they saw the surprised faces of the villagers that they realized what they just did,

""Ah..."" [Grey and Yuna]

After all, not a single one of the villagers had seen any of their familiars up close. From panic, to wariness, to surprise, to awe, and then confusion, they went through a whole roller coaster of emotions in just a couple of seconds.

"... Great Chief, we're back." [Grey]

"A-Ah, yes! We welcome your safe return, Lord Grey, Lady Yuna." [Manelo]

It was only when Grey called out to them that they finally snapped back to reality. At the same time, the villagers also remembered what they were previously doing before Arcturus' showy arrival.

The anxiety which was shortly buried has now sprung back up again, they have yet to ask Grey and Yuna, but the expressions on their faces already told it all. All of them wore shifty eyes as they fidgeted with their hands, clearly worried.

"And... Umm... About the Evil Beast..." [Manelo]

The Great Chief was especially worried, his complexion paler than anyone else's. It was clear how worried he had been, even preparing the village's warriors just in case something bad were to happen. A face which soon turned to surprise.

"Well, see for yourself..." [Grey]

THUD

No more words were needed to be said, only a loud and heavy thud echoing in the air. With a swipe of his hands, Grey summoned the Leviathan's cold and dead corpse before the villagers, taking them all by surprise.

A body spanning more than a hundred meters, covered in deep blue scales, shining like that of sapphire, and thick membranes linkings its fins. With its dagger-like teeth, it was sure to scare the living hell out of someone. A beast even monsters would fear.

"Th-The Evil Beast has been defeated!"

"Lord Grey and Lady Yuna have vanquished the Evil Beast!"

"We're saved! We can finally go back to the sea again!"

Cheers exploded like fireworks as they filled the air. The crowd jumped up and down, hugged each other, and even shed tears at the sight of the beast, relief flooding their hearts as they could finally be free from the worries which bound them.