Chapter 266: The City of Colors (pt. II)

"Long time no see, you bastard." [???]

Sinister smiles were afloat in the air and the tension got heavier all of the sudden. Two people stared into one another's eyes, smiling albeit differently. One was filled with indifference whilst the other was wiry disdain, different like heaven and earth.

As their stare off sparked lightning sparks all over the place, people gathered one after another. Some were gasping, some were mumbling, and some were smiling. A variety of reactions were unveiled from the crowd, the commotion getting louder and louder by the moment.

"Why are you so quiet? Did the cat get your tongue?"

"Hahaha. Don't talk like that. He's probably scared sh*tless!"

"Why don't you go back crying to your mommy? Hahaha!"

Vicious remarks were released one after another like growling, rabid dogs and they soon laughed with vigor like a pack of malicious hyenas. They were sneering and cracking their knuckles, acting like real thugs.

The leader was especially vicious, drawing closer and closer with irked veins popping out his head and neck one after another. A deep hatred burned within his eyes, like a hungry predator who was ready to crush everything that stands his way.

"Lester..." [Garret]

"Haah?! Don't call my name so casually, you bastard!" [Lester]

Garret stayed calm but the same couldn't be said for the latter. He barked back like a rabid street dog, eyes getting redder and redder with anger as he grabbed Garret by the collar. It was a face which wouldn't accept negotiations.

It was a very sudden situation, and so, Yuna patter Iris' back and signaled her to hide behind her. They didn't want to use violence unless needed, but with how things are going, it would be difficult. What a troublesome situation.

"Why aren't you answering, you bastard? Are you looking down on me?" [Lester]

"Ah, no... It's just... I'm done acting like a hero... It's already over." [Garret]

But rather than a fierce response like he did yesterday, Garret responded in a way no one expected. A response which only brought confusion to everyone. Especially the man before him, making his eyes widen in bewilderment.

"Eh? We're already done?" [Lester]

"""Huh?! You're done already?!"""

"""Eh? What do you mean?"""

Three different reactions from three different parties. The gang of thugs was in shock, the gathering crowd was filled with disappointment, and Grey, Yuna, and Iris were confused as one can be, now tilting their heads sidewards.

"You should have said so earlier! What's the point of the costume then?!" [Lester]

"That's right, Young Lord! You should have told us in advance!"

"Aww... I quite liked acting like a thug too..."

The thugs gave their opinions one after another, and slowly started taking off their rough outfits, soon changing into more casual and normal attire as they grumbled about Garret. They changed so quickly and so efficiently, it was like magic.

As for Grey, Yuna, and Iris... Well, they're more confused than ever. Question marks were afloat in their heads as they watched the absurd scene unfold. They were the only ones who stood out like a sore thumb, not understanding a single thing.

Especially Grey, he was already confused when he knew the people before them were good guys, even thinking his eyes were broken. They were even ready to brawl it out, yet things never got physical. They are at a loss of words.